Tidbits from the ASHI Message Board

I posted this on another thread where it was related to the topic, but here is the latest from the ASHI message board. Enjoy.

**ASHI quote
“I’ll tell you this though, since ASHI actually charges membership dues, as compared to NACHI which does not”

**How come I keep paying dues… I didn’t know NACHI was free??? :shock:

Stay tuned to this thread…

Tonight, I will post a thread where an ASHI Candidate (who also happens to be a member of NACHI) is abused by his own ASHI association for daring to ask a question about ASHI’s financial status.

For asking about the letter that ASHI sent (secretly) to its chapters requesting money to pay for their insurance bill, this Candidate’s ability as a home inspector was immediately called into question.

And they wonder why their new members has dropped “significantly” and adversely affected their budget! And leading the attack on the Candidate was ASHI’s chairman of recruting new members, Scott Patterson.

I am going to give the thread an hour or two to finish up, then bring it over here. This one is certain to bring the test of puke into your mouth as you read it.

Better copy it as they go. :smiley:

You don’t think they would delete a thread from their own message board, just to keep it from being read here, do you, Nick? :wink:

I’ll bet they wouldn’t do that, knowing that it would make them look even worse for censoring their remarks than for making them in the first place. Right, Scott?:smiley:

But…just in case…

But…just in case…

Here’s a funny quickie…

Since postings are blocked from my view…

Is a Member of the NACHI COE Committee copying posts from the ASHI Member’s Only forum to this NACHI Forum?

I believe NACHI Discharged a NACHI Member a few years back for this same type of activity (from the NACHI Members Only to an Alternate Forum) as Unethical behaviour.

Does the COE Committee consider it Ethical for posts from the “ASHI Members Only Forum” to be moved to NACHI but Unethical to move posts from the “NACHI Members Only Forum” to ASHI?

Please explain…

I’ll be happy to.

A NACHI member has a duty to NACHI and to NACHI’s COE and message board rules. Obeying NACHI’s message board rules is a part of NACHI’s COE, in fact.

Now, a NACHI member has no duty at all to ASHI, its message board rules, or anything else about ASHI. In fact, while hiking or otherwise indisposed in the woods and away from actual toilet tissue, some NACHI members have actually used ASHI materials…well, I’ll save that for another post.

So, as you can see…a NACHI member can be sanctioned for violating NACHI rules…but has no duty or obligation to observe ASHI rules, at all.

Doesn’t that break your little pea pickin’ heart?:wink:

Its all in who you are…

Ben,

NACHI COE

3.3 Duty to the Profession and NACHI

It is truly unfortunate that many individuals (NACHI COE Committe Members included) believe the COE to be Exclusive to NACHI and NOT the Profession.

File a complaint with the Ethics Committee, Joe.

It’s interesting to note how, after reading a thread of ASHI members bashing your association, you find the problem to be in bringing your friends to light and to accountability. With every one of your posts, Mr. Hagarty, you remind us how fortunate we are to have you as a FORMER president with the reminder that our darkest days are behind us.:wink:

And turn it in to James Bushart, committe member.:roll: :roll:

jbushart](http://www.nachi.org/forum/member.php?u=3770) This message is hidden because jbushart is on your “Ignore List” .

I would ignore me if I were you, too, Joe. It’s gotta really hurt.

Don’t know what he is saying but “5” responses of :

jbushart](http://www.nachi.org/forum/member.php?u=3770)* This message is hidden because jbushart is on your “Ignore List”* .

Tells the tale…

C’mon, Joe. Stop pretending and REALLY put me on ignore, will you? People are just not as stupid as you would like to believe.:smiley: That’s how you got thrown out (forced resignation) of the presidency as I recall…

Now 6…

It is obvious that I am not on James Bushart’s Ignore List…

Not anymore. I took you off back when PHIC started their drive to take over the legislative issues of your state. I thought you might have something important to post. I’m still waiting…

I suppose you would think it unethical of me to remark unkindly about your friends with PHIC, too, eh?