tip of the day

Originally Posted By: qualitycheck
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Very good idea. I tried to print copies but couldn’ t. I think these would be good tools used to explain “calls” to customers.

I usually make copies of diagrams from books. On my last inspection i used a diagram of a ceptic system to explain potential problems to my client. She was pleased and explained that it was easier to understand when she could “see” what i was explaining. What im trying to say is that maybe you could make them easier to print out.

Originally Posted By: rwills

Quality Check, I’m not sure but it sounds like your trying to print a copy of the “Tip of the Day” from the homepage! if so, just click on the picture to enlarge it-next click on (File) in the upper left corner-in the box that pops up click on (Print). it should open up your printer and will print out the picture. Hope it helps…Bob

Bob Wills - MAB Chairman

BW Inspection Services

Warminster, Pa.

http://www.bwinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jmyers

You can actually purchase those diagrams from Carson Dunlop. They are available for purchase as part of the “Illustrated Home”. It will cost about $300 for a book and 1500 or so diagrams. This is a great addition to your report. Thank you goes out to Dan Keogh from Peach Inspections for finding this one.

Joe Myers

A & N Inspections, Inc.

http://anii.biz

Originally Posted By: Ben Gromicko

We’ ve been using the diagrams, but it’s been 50/50 with people. Some like, but some question it. Because the diagram fills the page with a picture of a component or system that is not actually in their house. Sometimes a diagram explanation is too confusing, or too much to include in the report, especially if there’s actually nothing wrong with that particular component or system.

Benjamin John Gromicko

Vice-President,

PEACH Inspections

NACHI & ASHI Member

Excellent point there Ben. It does seem to work in reverse when there is really nothing wrong.

Of course sometimes you do confuse the already confused real estate agent, like Nick!

Nick: Is that really in this house?
Inspector: Not really, we just added it to
make them feel better.
Nick: Can you do that.
Inspector: Why sure, we just did.

--
Joe Myers
A & N Inspections, Inc.
http://anii.biz

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Joe:

you make less sense being me than I make being me. I see you’re talking to yourself but having me answer. I think your going nuts…Nick

I think he’s wack too…Nick

Me too…Nick

Does not anyone have a sense of humor anymore? GESSSSSSSHHHHHHHH, you all are losing it in your old age. Or maybe I am losing it in my young age! icon_smile.gif

Oh well.......

Joe Myers