TIP of the DAY

Originally Posted By: Fred Silva
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’m new to NACHI and have been looking at the tip of the day to get up to speed. I’ve noticed that when I hit the “REFRESH” button and a new image comes up, that I get only a few images and they keep repeating. I have kept a log and have seen only 58 different images.

Is there any way of FTPing to the site to download all the images?
Are there only 58 images? How many different images are there on the site? ![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

--
Fred Silva

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

Fred,

The tips are displayed randomly out of a group of a little over 60. Tip of the day was something of a experiment that I feel has gone fairly well. If many people have found them helpful, then I'll make an effort to add more in the near future.

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://iDM4h8sVjggtCwO3zpqD9WfxQSJ.html)

Originally Posted By: jremas

Chris,

I think the tips / pics are a great help. As a matter of fact, I print them & keep them in a binder. If there are more, please share. Good Job, appreciate it.

Also, can you please email me again on what I have to do when I register a name @ mydaddy.com? You wanted me to put something in there about ns1.mydomain or something. I lost what you sent me. Please.

Originally Posted By: Fred Silva

Chris,

Thanks for such a quick reply. This was the first time I posted something on the message board and wasn't expecting such a response.

The tip of the day is excellent. Good way of studying and good reference material to show home owners. A picture is worth a bunch of words or something like that.

--
Fred Silva

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

We have 320 Tips of the Day. Chris and I only picked out 60 of them. Chris & I plan to meet (he lives in MASS) soon. Perhaps we could put up the rest over Christmas. Chris, is there any space issue? Buy more if we need it. I know the Tips take up a lot of host space. Nick

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

Space isn’t an issue. This month we’ll put the new pictures up.

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://iDM4h8sVjggtCwO3zpqD9WfxQSJ.html)

From 62 to 1652 frames. NACHI’s online course is up at http://www.nachi.org/course.htm

Nick

Originally Posted By: dconstant

I too have enjoyed viewing the Tip of the Day items as well. I have a question though, what is the best way to print them out? Even trying to print on an 11 x 17 paper, they are always missing the far right side of the drawing, and of the course, the data labels.

It's great to hear that there are many more!

--
Doug Constant
Constant Home Inspections LLC
http://www.constant-inspections.com

Originally Posted By: mbailey

Douglas,

If you are trying to print directly out of the browser window make sure you have the Page Setup set to "Landscape" rather than "Portrait". Otherwise most graphics editors/viewers should let you adjust print size.

--
Mark Bailey
Stonegate Property Inspections LLC
Ponca, NE

Originally Posted By: Richard Stanley

Is there an index available for all 1600+ of those?

Richard:

I'll work on it. We have our own servers so we have enough space to do another course with all digital photos. Coming soon.

I have received some emails which indicates that members are unaware that the tip of the day course has increased in size dramatically. If you haven't run through the course recently (past 3 weeks) check it out again.

Nick