Tips for Sun 1027

Just a few tips I have discovered over the years.

Have extra batteries - I purchased batteries that would last for the duration of test. Regular 9V wont last more than 24 hours.

I also carry battery clips as I have had to repair due to loose connections. I purchased at radio shack.

Keep a 25 ft or longer extension cord as some homes have no nearby receptacle.

Keep 2 to 3 prong adapters as some houses only have 2 prong outlets and extension cord needs a ground.

I have 2 folding tables, a box crate and 2 tripod stands for placing my detector the proper height off floor.

Keep extra power supplies as I have had them go bad. I have 2 on order as my spares are bad.

Keep an extra monitor in vehicle when you inspect homes as some clients decide last minute to test.

Keep extra forms with radon detectors. (Agreements, door hangers)

I hope this helps as it saved me a few times this week.

I always try to have backups as equipment can go bad.

PS I always like to see dirty underwear with skid marks:roll:

264814 105 (Small).JPG

Thanks for the tips David.
I just got a 1028. Do you use strictly CRM’s? I’m thinking at some point I would like to be able to do multi unit tests and use something like e-perms or air-check, rather than buy a bunch of CRM"s. Any thoughts on that?

I have never used anything but CRM’s but what you suggest would be a option.

I own 4 Sun 1027 and soon to buy another (may splurge on a 1030) they do have a bug in the software they need to correct.

The monitors have paid for themselves and then some.
I need to have 3 calibrated by June and it is hard to handle my business flow without the 4th.

I have all 4 out now in mid March.

Thanks for responding to my post, not too many do. (I took a shower, brushed my teeth:))

I have never used anything but CRM’s but what you suggest would be a option.

I own 4 Sun 1027 and soon to buy another (may splurge on a 1030) they do have a bug in the software they need to correct.

The monitors have paid for themselves and then some.
I need to have 3 calibrated by June and it is hard to handle my business flow without the 4th.

I have all 4 out now in mid March.

From Tips for Sun 1027 - InterNACHI Inspection Forum http://www.nachi.org/forum/f21/tips-sun-1027-a-89530/#ixzz2vkE5YwPX

Just got to the office, this reminds me I have 5 femto tech monitors in the truck. Femto tech sends a replacement monitor each year for monitor up for calibration. Works great, have 5 extra monitors this week. If you do many radon tests, consider the femto tech program with Air chek. We have used just about everything, stopped with Radalink in about 2000. Have done 10’s of thousands with Femto tech / Air chek. Great report, in fact a few years ago Radalink even started copying our report (graph). Shawn Price at Air Chek is great to work with and REALLY helpful. Nice that you can use long term tests, short term passive test from Air Chek for schools and assisted living etc. A great working relationship with Air Chek has made us a lot of money over the years.

You’re welcome. I didn’t respond to your previous post about the 1027 because I didn’t have the info you were looking for, nothing personal. (But keep on showering and brushing your teeth anyway).:slight_smile: