tire reviews

I am in the market for new tires for my truck and I wanted some reviews. I have a 2005 F250 Diesel so I am going to need a tire with an E load rating and I was looking at the Firestone Transforce AT. The price seems to be good but I was wondering if anyone could give me some reviews on this or other tires. Also, where online can I find a decent price on the tires?

Tires is just one of those items that don’t do well for online pricing. By the time you add in the cost for shipping, mounting and balancing, it may be easier to purchase locally. Try this site:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&keyword=Firestone%20Transforce%20AT&s_kwcid=firestone%20transforce%20at|567147553&code=yes&tireModel=Transforce+AT&GCID=S13674x009-tr_indiv&

B.F. Goodrich makes the best all terrain tires on the market. They last a long time too.

Go To:

www.tirerack.com

You will be able to see reviews from a lot of people on all kinds of tires!

You can even look at a matrix type graph compairing all the different tires to each other in about 10 - 12 categories!

:cool:

I got some great heavy duty Goodyear truck tires from Sam’s Club. Very pleased with them. Lowest price I found and they had them installed in about 30 minutes.

Carmine,

In another life, I was in the automotive industry. There are a thousand considerations when purchasing tires. One thing for sure, everyone has an opinion. I won’t go into all of them, but I will offer this advice/guidelines so you will be a satisfied consumer…

1. You get what you pay for…stay away from the no-name brands. Ask yourself this…how can a no-name company sell a tire for $50.00, that Goodyear, Bridgestone, Michelin sells for $150.00 ??? Cheap quality materials, cheap labor, and they ‘copy-cat’ the design. They let the “big 3” do the research and developement" and they copy it.

2. You need to know what you want from the tire. What are your expectations? How and where do you drive? What conditions do you drive under? Excessive hwy/hi speed driving? Off-Road, All Terrain, Highway, Snow??? How much weight do you usually carry in the truck? What is the occasional load? Pull a boat/trailer?

3. Warranty…must have nationwide at a store that has nationwide locations…ever plan on taking a vacation or business travel? What do you do if a tire fails while away from home. READ THE FINE PRINT.

Most important of all…buy from someone knowledgeable and you trust. Seek out a saleman/saleswoman or manager that has been around the biz for a while. The person to buy from is the one that askes questions same or similar to mine above. Buying online will almost always wind up costing you more in money and time. Just not worth the hassle or expense.

Good luck…Jeff

I have an F-350 and I use E rated BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/As purchased for ~$125 per tire with a lifetime road hazard plan from Sam’s.

I have been very pleased with their quality, price, longevity and Sam’s road hazard plan (which replaced free of charge a tire that got caught on a client’s railroad tie curbing and blew out the sidewall).