Tired of all the BS on this BB?

Congrats, John.

Best of Luck

Is this different than HomeInspectorPages?

John,

How about a paypal link for paying the membership fee?

Yes, and I also noticed that Russ Meyers (of NACHI, Chicago, Illinois Chapter Fame) is listed as a Wisconsin Inspector. Russ has a residence in Wisconsin as well but currently holds no license here.

Does the “industry wide code of ethics” allow members to operate without a license in a state that requires one? Of course I don;t think he is operating here but is listed under Wisconsin and not Illinois (where he holds a license). There is no reciprocity between these states.

That will probably be a source of contention because I doubt that NHITI is going to check up on people the way Bushart and others do at NACHI.

WHAT??? NO NACHI NAZI’s for this board? Not a source of contention, but more enjoyable.

So why is nhiti.org listed as owned by Gary Johnson and the web site calls itself the National Home Inspection Technical Institute (which you say is owned by you)?

Oh, there will be people who are more interested in what their competition is doing rather than simply working on their own marketing.

Oh, so now you think it was Nick? Before you were sure it was Joe. Who’s next? You are just as much a source of BS here as anyone else. I don’t know why you would be so miffed that your supposed “member for life” status was not honored, if you didn’t want to be here in the first place.

So your effort to try to rally an exodus from this message board is a bit disingenuious. Pay your $289 already.

I don’t think it was a financial thing. I think it was a website thing in that Todd forgot to put a huge, monster, gigantic link to NACHI on his website.

With all those other links and image links and annoying music I don’t understand how he would have neglected that?

I got a better idea. Let all the whiners and complainers join that mesage board and watch the level of BS plummet here.

With an organization as large as this one is and all the overwhelming amount of effort made to offer members valuable stuff, there is bound to be plenty to complain about.

Complaining is our God given right. I just prefer that when we complain that we try to offer a better idea than to jump ship.

Got a legitimate gripe about your membership. Take it to someone who can do something about it rather than accuse people (like Joe) of pulling the plug on you without the facts, or Nick for doing it now that you are convinced he did it.

Do you think anyone wants to help resolve the issue when you just keep spewing?

The better hope is for the whiners and complainers to grow up…and that includes the non-members who complain about the success of NACHI. Of course, they will suggest that NACHI isn’t successful, but what do they know?

Well written and to the point!

It was pretty clear that the spirit of the offer was to leave the board will of BS and join a new board that is absent of the BS. Since the suggestion itself is comming from someone who appears to have recently become a BSer himself, the prospects of it remaining BS free is doubtful.

Yes. I have. What’s up with that, Joe?

Being absent is understandable, but…hey…being “strangely absent”…that will just not do. :wink:

Thanks Joe.

I don’t know who HomeInspectorPages is.

Simple.

The domain name is registered by Gary. I keep up the payment and he allows me to use it. Thats what friends are for.

I’ll give you some other examples.

I registered the nachinat.com domain name, but I don’t own nachinat.

Nick registered nachi.org, but he doesn’t own nachi.

Gary has also registered the domain names for the Foundation, several other inspectors web pages, etc., but he doesn’t own the company.

Grass Frog Technologies has regestered hundreds of domain names, but they don’t own the inspection companies that use them.

Joining another bb is far from jumping ship. I belong to well over 20 bb’s, for both business and personal reasons. NACHI is not the only ship in dock. :roll:

I gotcha. I am not a strong proponent of anyone else owning the registration for a domain name I use. Problems happen when people die, lose their moral compass, need money badly, etc. I bet there are a whole lot of inspectors that don’t even realize that their domain name is really owned by Grass Frog. Some hosting companies will collect and set them up but register ownership to the site “owner”. If one doesn’t register their own, that’s the way to go.

A domain name is too important to have in someone else’s control.

Oh, perhaps you missed the subject of the thread.