Today, January 6, we remember the female, unarmed veteran Ashli Babbitt

15 Likes

Why is it that this is never mentioned on the news?

6 Likes

More of these violent terrorists should have been shot as they illegally entered the Capitol building and tried to interfere with the elected leaders who were trying to perform their democratic duties. It would have ended the insurgency quicker and the need for all of these lingering lawsuits would have been greatly diminished.

13 Likes

Supporters of her death are basically saying:

All Hail to the State. We are armed, you are not. So get off our doorstep and let this be a lesson to all of you.

Unless of course you are carrying the approved flag and message, then feel free to burn and pillage.

3 Likes

The only person shot and killed during the First Amendment-protected protest against the government of the United States of America?
You must have been watching Fox News.

The only thing I remember on the news that day was a woman called, Ashli Babbitt being fatally shot trying to break into the house of representatives during a months long provoked attack on the United States Capitol by the commander and chief as he colluded with Right Wing Militia called The Proud Boys all as part of a mob of supporters of U.S. President.
Moreover, Lt. Michael Byrd, who shot Ashli Babbitt, said he opened fire only as a “last resort” after the Capitol rioters broke into the building. She had been warned repeatedly to leave the building.
You should get your facts straight, Nick. As a new citizen, your wife deserves to know truth.

6 Likes

She would have never been shot had she not fallen for the big lie. PERIOD

She was illegally in the capital, trying to crawl through a broken window with guns being pointed at her and the Police telling her to stop.

The investigation determined that, on January 6, 2021, Ms. Babbitt joined a crowd of people that gathered on the U.S. Capitol grounds to protest the results of the 2020 presidential election. Inside the Capitol building, a Joint Session of Congress, convened to certify the results of the Electoral College vote, was underway. Members of the crowd outside the building, which was closed to the public during the Joint Session, eventually forced their way into the Capitol building and past U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) officers attempting to maintain order. The Joint Session was stopped, and the USCP began evacuating members of Congress.

The investigation further determined that Ms. Babbitt was among a mob of people that entered the Capitol building and gained access to a hallway outside “Speaker’s Lobby,” which leads to the Chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives. At the time, the USCP was evacuating Members from the Chamber, which the mob was trying to enter from multiple doorways. USCP officers used furniture to barricade a set of glass doors separating the hallway and Speaker’s Lobby to try and stop the mob from entering the Speaker’s Lobby and the Chamber, and three officers positioned themselves between the doors and the mob. Members of the mob attempted to break through the doors by striking them and breaking the glass with their hands, flagpoles, helmets, and other objects. Eventually, the three USCP officers positioned outside the doors were forced to evacuate. As members of the mob continued to strike the glass doors, Ms. Babbitt attempted to climb through one of the doors where glass was broken out. An officer inside the Speaker’s Lobby fired one round from his service pistol, striking Ms. Babbitt in the left shoulder, causing her to fall back from the doorway and onto the floor. A USCP emergency response team, which had begun making its way into the hallway to try and subdue the mob, administered aid to Ms. Babbitt, who was transported to Washington Hospital Center, where she succumbed to her injuries.

9 Likes

Hmmm…the old “Not following commands” argument only seems to apply to the “other side”.

3 Likes

Not only not mentioned in the news, but they held those Jan 6 hearings for weeks without a single mention of the only person murdered on that day. She was shot to death even though she was an unarmed, female veteran. Not one mention.

2 Likes

So you are arguing for police to shoot-to-kill looters and shoplifters? Wow. You’re further right than King George.

6 Likes

What “other side” are you referring to? The side that breaks the law? If yes, I agree, and you’re right, it is old, as it’s been the law for many many years.

It’s a simple basic concept that civilized people have abided by for eons: 1. Don’t break the law. 2. If you break the law and get caught in the act by law enforcement, and they have guns pointed at you telling you to stop, it’s probably best to comply, no?

1 Like

Yet our politicians and media rally behind people who are shot not complying. Not only rally behind them, but direct and condone civil unrest. Often hiding the facts to ensure they get the desired outcome. As in this case, the desired outcome was she be labeled a criminal and a terrorist.

How many unarmed people are shot by the police on a weekly basis, sometimes in the back, during traffic stops? More than one.

Thoughts and prayers Ashli.

1 Like

She wasn’t a looter or a shoplifter, she was part of a mob that was trespassing and attempting a coup, defacating on the floors and spreading it on the walls of the Capital, destoying government property, and deliberately trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power.

And to answer your question, I have no problem with criminals getting shot if and when they are caught and not complying with law enforcement.

4 Likes

The media and politicians would have gone berserk if one of these rioters was unarmed then shot and killed. The person would have been exalted, lifted up despite the infamy and likely a new federal holiday.

C’mon Brian, I know you can do better than Fox News talking points whataboutisms.

2 Likes

Dude, you know nothing about me. Twice now people have mentioned Fox news. Just make the counter argument, can you? Michael Brown did not comply…what happened next? I will tell you without mentioning the riots.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder visits Ferguson to offer assurances about the investigation into Brown’s death and to meet with investigators and Brown’s family. A grand jury begins hearing evidence to determine whether Wilson should be charged.

Did any of this happen for Ms. Bobbit? Of course not. There was no outrage from the media. The “other side” deserved it.

1 Like

So you’re OK with shooting dead, unarmed women who are merely “with” others defacing property? Do you realize you are arguing in favor of murdering thousands of BLM protestors? I thought I was right of center, politically. But you are truly the most right-wing extremist I know.

Dude, I may not know you but I do know this thread is about Ashli Babbitt and her getting shot. Michael Brown has no more to do with the subject of this thread than does the latest KKK hanging or the Detroit, LA, or watts riots. So like I said, you can do better than injecting whataboutisms, Fox News talking points or not.

If someone is climbing through a window they just broke out in your house, and you thought they were there to cause damage and harm you and your family, and you had a gun pointed at them telling them to stop or you’ll shoot, but yet they kept coming, what would you do?

3 Likes

Michael Brown did not comply. He was unarmed.