Today Show Home Inspection Investigation

Originally Posted By: syared
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’m sure some of you saw the Today Show story about home inspectors, not too many sunrises about the story. They did mention looking for ASHI inspectors and left out NAHI and NACHI. We need more public relations, do we have people in the organization doing PR to the media, etc.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Very negative story. I contacted the Executive Producer and got NACHI info to them to be included in a future story. However I’d prefer that we stay away from their next story, far away. As a general marketing rule of thumb… TV stories are designed to do damage and don’t ever generate any work to offset. Because TV stories play so fast (unlike the written word in print media or the internet) the “gist” of the story is all that ever gets through, if that.

Steve, your state of MI had a TV story last year (another Home Inspector STING). NACHI kept out of it luckily, but be forewarned. There will be a move by the media to run these sting operations. They are enticing pro-consumer stories with easy prey.

ALWAYS assume you are on camera when doing an inspection.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: syared

In the inspection sting in Michigan, one of the inspectors called in is a well seasoned NAHI inspector who did a good job on the inspection. But the producer of the story found a way to take his comments out of context and make him look bad. With this type of “journalism” the only way an inspector would look good is to be “the Professional” they called in as the expert to do a first inspection.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I know of the NAHI inspector, good fella, he got ambushed. Again, even in a vacant home… always act as if you are on a hidden camera, you just might be.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.