Tomorrow

KYW, Philadelphia’s all news station, will broadcast in real time [real time 5 years ago, that is] it’s entire broadcast from September 11, 2001 on the internet at www.kyw1060.com

I expect that I will be tuning in.

May the firemen, policemen, soldiers, sailors and rescue workers rest in peace and may their memory be a blessing.

Its unfortunate but the events and outcomes of 9/11 are still unfolding and have yet to be fully understood. Not only the deaths but the ramifications to the families, the survivors, the economy, et ceteras.

What about all the people who died just for going to work? I believe there were about 3000 of them. Nobody ever includes the average everyday people that died, those people are the hero’s.

Hero: a man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength
Heroine: a woman distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength

It’s very sad, and a real disaster to those families who were affected by their loved ones just going to work.

BUT, let us not overdo it or minimize those who were really heroes. Those who were going up when everyone else was going down. Heroes and heroines came in so many varieties that day.

I’ll always remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. Kinda like JFK’s assassination.

Could not have said it any better;

Marcel

And may we always remember the victims’ families (especially the kids), as well as those families who have lost a son, a daughter, a father, a mother or a sibling in first response and military service.

http://www.goldstarwives.org/resources.html