Too Pricey

Originally Posted By: Ronald Lynch
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Does any know of where I can get more education on home inspecting. I can afford to go to the schools right now but still plan to go to one of them. But right now I need more information

Ronald Lynch

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Ronald,

You can try area vo tech schools. Most offer good HVAC, roofing, electrical and plumbing courses that are helpful. While they may not be geared to the inspection part they are a valuable tool helping you understand the different products and methods of installation that are available especially since most installations are region specific. You could always ask the teacher while you are attending the class about how to inspect for product failure. icon_biggrin.gif

Hope this helps.

Joe Myers

Joe

I appreciate the advice but thats supposed to read I can't afford to go to school or the training programs. Any more suggestions.

Thanks
Ron

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

DELETED

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: adufresne

Do you have alittle bit of money? I have two real good books that will help you. If you have a book store near, you see if they have them. the first one is Inspecting a house by Cauldwell, the second is the complete book of Home Inspection third edition by Norman Becker, P.E. Hope this helps you?

Armand QHIS

Originally Posted By: rray

If you have a Borders, a barnesandnoble, a Bookstar, etc., they usually have a good selection of books that you can take off the shelf and sit down and read for a while. Just take care of the book and when you have enough money, buy them because they make very good references.

As most folks know, I'm pretty AR about my typing, so you might have noticed my spelling of "barnesandnoble." My significant other manages a Borders bookstore here in San Diego, so I just can't convince myself to capitalize the name of the competition. I'm bad.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Joe,

I took the NACHI test and almost passed it. The two things that puzzled me though were the chimmey questions. I think that they were trick questions and worded different in each question. Like the height of the chimmney. and the electrical part of the test. like the distance you should have a outlet in the garage and bathroom and how distance should you have from a window. I haven't made it to the bookstores yet.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Ron,

There are no trick questions in the NIE exam. You either know it or you don't.

Joe Myers