Took my level one, now what??

On the top of my 2013 To Do list at InterNACHI is to create a bunch of marketing tools specifically to promote IR.

I learned how to check calibration in level one. We were told to check it every 10 scans and keep a record. Since i just bought a camera I won’t be in the market for awhile now.

Would you please help Chuck in Houston he seems to be having problems marketing;-)

It is actually possible to get a new T420 and level 2 for the same price as a used T400 and level 2.

JJ

I couldn’t agree more! I’m sure some folks think I give away IR services as well but I’m thinking along the same lines as you. I may not charge more for IR services but lots of people choose me or continue to use me based solely off the fact that I provide IR services. I can’t even begin to tell you how many folks have told me that they decided to use me based off the thermal imaging examples and information on my websites.

I’m also in complete agreeance that any reputable home inspector will need to have an IR camera within the next 5 years if they plan on staying a reputable home inspector. It just makes sense to try and stay a step above your competition.

Sometimes I’ll have people ask what an inspection will cost without the thermal imaging. I’ve always refused to provide an inspection at a discounted price without IR. After I explain why I don’t offer inspections without IR or explain the benefits of IR, 99% of the time they decide to move forward with the IR inspection.

Infrared has been one of my biggest keys to success, hence the reason I changed my company name from “PowerCheck Inspections” to “Utah Infrared”