Tool Pouches

Originally Posted By: mmason
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello,

I am tired of hauling around all of my testing equipment in a canvas bag. Does anyone know of a tool pouch that will fit on a belt that will hold the few critical items so I don't have to go back to my tool bag every 2 minutes? I don?t usually carry that much around for most aspects of my inspections but I do need a compact carrying system that can carry my: Digital camera, volt meter, water pressure gauge, voltage tester pen, GFCI tester, small stinger flashlight, multi tip screwdriver, laser thermometer and a few other assorted items. Any thoughts on what would work well to carry a few of the necessary items with me on my belt? And I don't want it to be some big bulky contraption. ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

--
Michael J. Mason
Mason Home Inspection
California Capitol NACHI Chapter President

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

How about a multipocketed fishing or hunting vest? Light weight of course.

Originally Posted By: ebeahm1

Home Depot and Lowes have a great little tool pouch that fits over a 5 gal bucket. I know this doesn’t go on your belt, but it’s a neat deal.

Originally Posted By: rwashington

The Police supply house in your area would have an “O” ring clip that snaps to your belt and is excellent for standard handle flashlights. This works especially well when trying to navigate through a “tough” attic and you need both hands.

Richard W Washington

www.rwhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: lungar

Michael;

Try getting a pair of trailhiker pants from cabelas like I did they have

7 pockets you can put a lot of things in them, also a fishing shirt or vest.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I wear “dockers” style pants, and the pockets fit everything nicely. My flashlight is on an o hook that straps to my belt (big maglite) and my digital camera hangs around my neck.

Originally Posted By: thauswirth

I use this belt pouch. It looks good and works great. I can carry my ticker and moisture meter as well as most the tools I need. My Streamlight also fits in the loop. I found that electricians tool pouched work best and this is one of the best

[url]http://shop.store.yahoo.com/texastooltotes/eltopo.html[url][/url][/url]

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

I have a tool bag like you and am tiring of going back to find tools. I really don’t want to wear a belt, but am coming up with no other choices

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: tallen

I use a tool belt w/ camera pouch, small tool pouch that holds 10-1 screwdriver, digi thermometer, mirror, tick tester and a small awl. A leatherman and a phone pouch. The other stuff I keep in a tool bag. It works for me.

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: David Suelflow

Try an electricians tool belt.

Originally Posted By: dedwards

Michael,

I had the same experience. Tried several ways to carry all the toys of the trade. After many trials the one I finally liked is a rig described by several others here. I went to an Army/Navy surplus outlet and got a wide police web belt with velcro and snap lock closures. I then got a carpenters/electricians pouch at Home Depot in black canvas with lots of pockets and hiding places, the SureTest comes with its own pouch that fits perfectly, I then found a holder for my Skil electric screwdriver (actually made for a Dewalt) but fits perfectly and holds all the necessary bits and magnetic nutdrivers I need and finally as someone said I got a police flashlight ring at the same Army/Navy outlet. This rig carries almost everything and is fairly lightweight. I do not wear it into the attics or crawlspaces because it can get hung up so I wear a cheap fanny pack to carry my camera and voltage sniffer. Ive tried the vest and it works well in the winter but here in Florida in the summer it isn’t practical. The remainder of my gizmos gets carried in an aluminum equipment case that is easy to inventory so I don’t leave crap all over town when I leave and protects the toys inside. Hope that helps…Doug