Tools need to know their tools are recalled

Klein # NCVT1 Recall
https://www.kleintools.com/recall/ncvt1

English Spanish (Español) French Canadian (Français Canadien)

Klein Tools is issuing a voluntary product recall on the NCVT1 in our Test and Measurement Line due to a potential safety hazard.

Why Is There A Recall?

It has recently come to our attention that one of our products, the NCVT-1 NONCONTACT VOLTAGE TESTER, has a potential safety issue that Klein Tools would like to rectify. The on/off button of the NCVT-1 is intended to be pressed down and then released. If the button remains depressed during the power on or power off cycle, the tip of the tool remains illuminated in green, indicating the tool is “ready to detect voltage,” when it is not.

These affected products are sold in the following SKU numbers:

NCVT1 69149
NCVT1A MPZ00052R
NCVT1E MPZ00001
NCVT1SEN 80018
NCVT1EP 80023

This recall involves Klein Tools Non-Contact Voltage Tester with model numbers NCVT1 bearing date codes ending H7. The product was also sold in variations and kits listed above, all bearing date codes ending in H7.

Instructions

1. Please stop using your NCVT-1 NONCONTACT VOLTAGE TESTER, even if you have not experienced any issues.
  2. Please contact Klein Tools to return your unit at no charge for replacement.
  • Web: If you are a consumer, complete the online [Recall Submission Form](javascript: void(0):wink: for immediate processing of your recall request. Once the form is completed, an email will be sent with instructions and a link to print a shipping label. If you are a distributor, visit the Distributor Extranet to complete the Distributor Recall Submission Form.
  • Phone: Call customer service toll-free 800-527-3099 between 7:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. CT Monday through Friday.
  • Email: Email us at ncvt1recall@kleintools.com. Be sure to include contact information, postal and email addresses. We will reply to your email within one business day.

For Canadian returns, use [this form](javascript: void(0);).

For any returns other than US or Canada, contact ncvt1recall@kleintools.com.

In cooperation with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission

Klein has an outstanding safety record and we take this matter very seriously. No injuries have been reported from the use of these testers, but Klein Tools is recalling them out of an abundance of caution. Our number one concern is the safety of our loyal Klein Tools customers. We apologize for any inconvenience and promise to redouble our efforts to continue providing you with quality tools.

3 Likes

So, that’s what’s the matter with that thing. I have one of them around here somewhere. Stopped using it a couple years ago and got a Milwaukee which i like much better (louder beep). Have to find it and get a new one.
Thanks

Thank you for sharing, Barry. I checked mine and it does not have the affected date code but was definitely worth checking. I have never had an issue with mine and it is excellent for verifying live knob & tube still in service among many other things.

Thanks! That reminds me to throw mine away. I used it a couple days ago when replacing a friend’s garbage disposal. I checked for current while she flipped the breaker, good thing I double checked - extra good thing it wasn’t the one in my inspection kit. That could have hurt.

DS
why throw away
get it replaced & if you don’t need/use anymore have any replacement sent to nick/nachi
they’ll find it a new home

1 Like

Thanks why I purchase Fluke.

doubt anyone cares what you purchase & fluke has had recalls as have most high volume mfrs
ain’t my circus ain’t my monkeys
just trying to help others avoid injury & work safer

2 Likes

Morning, Barry.
Hope this post finds you well.

I think I mention, “Thanks” in my post?
I would rethink that happy posting approach and purchase better tools Tin Man. :shushing_face: Might be a lack of bran or fiber in your diet. :wink:

Personally, I equate Klein tools to Home Depot construction tools were as the Fluke Corporation is the world leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of electronic test tools, biomedical equipment and networking solutions.

Hope all is well. :grinning:
All the best to your and your family.
Robert