Top-Secret Project

I’ve had an iPhone for the past 18 months, and I love the phone. However, I hate the freakin service - too many dropped calls.

I don’t really want to give up my iPhone, but need to get away from AT&T. I’m looking at the DROID from Verizon.

Anyone have one?

Kevin

Chris,

Excellent APP!

You guys are making me want an upgrade now.

Lets hear more on the Android verses the iPhone!

Check this out:

I’m going to the Verizon store tomorrow to check it out. I can’t take AT&T anymore.

Kevin

Android just came out and is already equal or better.
Imagine one year from now with Google backing it.

Google is buying out software like crazy right now.

The Droid is good if you want Verison and the Moment is great on Sprint.

One thing is you must down load those apps as the come stock vanilla so you can make it your own.

Most are free or 99 cents at most.

They update all the time.(which is cool)

The Moment is stuck with Nuance for now till I get my 2.0 update and am already excited by it.

No need to change the phone when software updates it.

Added yet another photo shop app that makes my phone camera better than my regular camera with fast edit.

Every picture I take uploads to my email automatically.

I hope Dom is keeping up with this stuff.It is changing really fast.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kevin,

Nice link. I’m leaning towards the DROID.

Bob,

Thanks for the info. The DROID looks promising right now.

Like many goofy things using apple stuff, it was amusing.:smiley: :wink:

David,

Just watch the video. Watch him scrolling on the iPhone and then on the Droid. Notice the slight lag on everything with the Droid (which is hailed as the best Android phone out there) and then watch how there is absolutely no lag with the iPhone. It’s simple things like this that make it a better device. Sure, when you put them side-by-side it doesn’t seem like a big deal, but over time it makes a huge difference.

Another example is web browsing. The Droid finishes loading the whole page a little faster than the iPhone, but the iPhone finishes rendering the page much faster. Personally, I don’t care which has a progress bar—what’s more important is that I can start reading the web page.

Another example is the home screen. The reviewer shows off how the Droid lets you turn on vibrate from the home screen. What he doesn’t tell you is that the iPhone has a dedicated, hard switch for that. Flip it one way, the phone vibrates a little to let you know it’s on vibrate. Flip it the other way and it’s in regular ring mode. It’s the touches like that that make the iPhone a beautiful device to use.

I just watched the first few minutes, but just pay attention to the details. The Android platform does a decent job of emulating the iPhone experience, but it doesn’t quite get it right.

In the end it comes down to taste. If you have good taste, you’ll pick an iPhone :slight_smile:

CM

You seem worried.
The Android system is new and already you are looking or should I say clutching straw.
What about a year from now as more and more developers devote time to the open resource system.

I hope you and the 3 or 4 guys hanging on to the past coolness of iphone remain happy.
For me it will be a little bitter sweet, much as when I see an old Hippie walking down the street.
I think cool as a flood of warm fuzzy memories fill my head only to be reminded we must live in the present and plan for the future.

Android my apple clutching friend is “that Hippie”.:mrgreen: (green for envy)

All technoTalk aside,
My association has helped me every day, in every way, to be Coeur d’Alene’s Most Trusted Home Inspector.
Been with InterNACHI 7 years. That’s longer than I’ve been in any one house I’ve owned!!!

Chris,

Your not addressing the biggest downside to owning an iPhone…AT&T!!! The iPhone can be the greatest phone on the planet, but without good cell service, it’s not worth the trouble.

I live in the Washington DC area, which you would think has good cell service from all of the major carriers. But, I get dropped calls and poor reception every day.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the iPhone and think it has revolutionized the cell phone industry, but the service sucks!

After the novelty of the phone wears off, it comes down to the best service. I for one will be getting rid of my iPhone for better cell service.

Plus, the Android operating system and the Android Market will continually get better.

Kevin

I have an Iphone and have had AT&T for about 8 years. The only time I had issues with dropped calls is when I switched to flip phones from the original Nokia basic model. The problem turned out to be the flip phones. I went back to the old Nokia phones and never had any problems. I don’t have any issues with the Iphone dropping calls. Consumer Reports January edition rates Verizon as the best service provider in all cities.

Bob: I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Every Android developer I know is slowing down on Android work to focus on iPhone, but there’s no doubt that Android will have a huge market share in the coming year if for no other reason than that they have many manufacturers/carriers.

Kevin: AT&T sucks, and I will be switching as soon as Apple gets out of their exclusive contract. I use my phone for 80% data and 20% voice, so it’s less of an issue for me.

Chris …
of course every developer you know, as you apple freaks hang together…(just messing with you):stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously that one was lame as the open source by nature will attract more development.
Just tab which is getting more software apps and updates everyday.

The fact there are 12 plus models across various carriers is enough to put the pressure on for this to be the best way.

Note the only carrier not selling Android is AT&T.

Darn I love this phone.

just bought a Motorala Cliq, have not bought any apple crap since 1990 or so. :smiley:

That proves my point.
i phone is bigger profit because Android is open source.

Google is behind Android and has history of giving things away.
Remember the motto ‘do no evil’.

i phone on the other hand is owned by Apple which has a history of overcharging for everything in order to make as much as they can in profit.
They will not be cool for long once i phone users realize that all those apps they pay for are free at the better service providers that compete with AT&T.

Why buy the cow if the Milk is Free???

Looks like cool is going cold…:cool::cool::cool:

Looks like the Android is dying a slow death.

Check this out!!!

Oh yeah Google really sucks…:roll:

Yes…I believe Google is good competition for Apple…and to keep Apple moving forward with the iPhone. I love the way you can now interface with the GPS system on iPhone to have an app specifically fine-tune itself to where you are located…think Restaurant app showing you the best prices and specials of restaurants close to your location…or prices for items you are shopping for.

Anyways…Chris…we may need to talk soon. I like what you are doing. Might work well with us in the very near future. Although…I would say you are not very good at keeping secrets :slight_smile: