Tough Economic Times - Laser Focus Required

Hello James.

Steve is a good guy and I have met him and taken his class.

That he wants to endorse a product or 3 is his business.

And if you think NACHI isn’t a giant sales add for vendors wares, you haven’t been paying attention.

As I read this thread…no one has taken offense regarding any actions from a vendor. In fact, Mr. Ramos denies that he receives any compensation for the goods and services he promotes with his posts.

As an inspector…which is all that he has disclosed himself to be representing himself as…he’s being challenged for his inconsistencies.

What is unfair about that?

I think it is a matter of “disclosure”.

NACHI’s message board has been used by many to hawk their services under the guise of “membership”.

A couple of years ago, we had an attorney who pretended to be giving “free legal advice” to his fellow members on a thread. Much of his free advice included the purchase of a certain insurance policy that the attorney failed to disclose that he was paid a commission for each purchase.

Members had the right to know of his compensation so that, on their own, they could determine if his advice was as beneficial to them as it was (financially) to him.

So…if you are recommending something that you are being paid to recommend…the person receiving that recommendation has a right to know.

Would you agree?

I don’t see a COE violation as Mr. Brauny suggests.

I am of the opinion that Mr. Ramos needs to get some thicker skin but I am not bothered by his posts and more than other vendors here.

I don’t either, unless Mr. Braune is referring to the clause that requires us to disclose any financial interest we may have in a property that we inspect, and he is using this as a correlation.

It’s not that Steve needs thicker skin, it’s that the constant barrage of posters who always seem to be negative and find fault in every thread, need to grow up.

Or better yet, actually find something better to do with their time. How about inspecting properties?

Kevin

Kevin, by chance was you stomping your feet when you made that last post. I explained why I made my comment that offended your hero. If Mike says he is a good guy than that is good enough for me. I have a feeling his offensiveness has nothing to do with me.:wink:

My “Hero” is GOD. May he bless you.

Have a good evening, James :slight_smile:

Kevin

I can’t say anything about eInspections as I haven’t seen it, but I have seen the ISN and I think they’ve done a great job with it!

I agree :slight_smile: You know I was very close to making a decision to use HIP. It too is a great product. It’s always a good thing when we have choices.

Your the best, Dom!!

Kevin

Hi Steve,

It’s been awhile since we talked. You haven’t been to Massachusetts in over a year.

I can see that you ran into a wall here. Not to worry though. Simply post your thoughts and there will be those inspectors who will absolutely heed your advice.

Drive on…

What He said ^

Good advice Kevin!

Steve, your reports on your site look good. Hang in there!

David- I guess I didn’t like the snow as much as I originally thought :slight_smile: You can always call me, no?

Michael: As for the thicker skin - I guess I am a little sensitive :slight_smile:

HIP is a good product. And I agree with Dom - the ISN rocks!

As for those of you that think you are being sold something, you obviously didn’t read the post. Yes, I used a specific product to make a point. It doesn’t mean you can’t use the information with whatever software you are using currently - if it has that capability, right? That is why I tried to actually share an idea rather than just say I like this or that. Newer inspectors and those thinking about making a change or inspectors without software might like this information, no?

The einspections report looks like a very nice baisic report that I am sure some will like. Thank you for sharing.

I hope you the best in these tough times.

:slight_smile:

I’ve actually created my own template with eInspections and it does not look much like the samples they give on their website. The program is robust and very customizable once you dive in and get behind the GUI interface (xml).

If anyone would like to see what I have created, just let me know. I’d be happy to share :slight_smile:

I used HG for a long time and think it’s a rock solid piece of software. Actually, I still use it for my energy audits. I’ve made some sacrifices switching from HG to eInspections, but it’s worth it to me because the program works really great if you use the ISN.

Kevin

Well said Steve…too many times the keyboard gives people the courage or stupidity to say things they normally would not say to ones face.
I have a copy of both Home Inspector Pro and HomeGauge (both are excellent products) yet I am still relying on my own spreadsheet report which I can easily tweek… that’s not to say the previous mentioned software, as well as others, can not be tweeked.

I think with any inspection software it comes down to what you feel comfortable with in not only presenting to your client but how easy it is to work with.

Jeff

No Texas version? Just checklist type?

I am not familiar with the requirements in Texas. I have seen Texas template but have no need to use it. If you are interested contact Dan Huber at support@inspectionsupport.com he can set you straight on what the software can do to comply with Tex regs