Trademark Office rules in our favor against ASHI's infringement on our mark.

----- Original Message -----
To: Nick Gromicko
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:46 AM
Subject: NACHI v ASHI

Nick,

I am writing to inform you that the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) has ruled in NACHI’s favor on three pending motions. As you may recall, NACHI filed an opposition action in the TTAB opposing ASHI’s attempt to register a trademark on “The ASHI Experience” because we felt is was likely to cause confusion with the NACHI’s registered mark, “HI Experience.”

ASHI filed a number of procedural motions that I believed were intended to prevent the TTAB from ruling on the merits of our opposition. Specifically, ASHI filed a motion for involuntary dismissal pursuant to Trademark Rule 1.132(a), a motion for sanctions against NACHI, and a motion for an order to have NACHI provide more information.

Yestereday we received an opinion and order from the TTAB denying all three of ASHI’s motions. The TTAB will now consider the merits of our opposition action.

Please call me if you have any questions.

Mark Cohen
THE COHEN LAW GROUP
A Professional Corporation
P.O. Box 617
110 Snyder Street, 2nd Floor
Nederland, CO 80466
Phone (303) 258-0561
Fax (303) 258-7893
www.cohenslaw.com

Boulder Office:
1942 Broadway, Ste. 314
Boulder, CO 80302
(303) 546-7937

PLEASE SEND MAIL TO NEDERLAND ADDRESS

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender. To ensure compliance with IRS requirements we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

World’s biggest, best inspection association
“PlanetNACHI… resistance is futile”

I didn’t even want involved with this but if you don’t defend a mark you lose it.