Trading Spaces

Originally Posted By: dhartke
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Jeff,

Show some real dedication. Allow Nick to pay for a nice NACHI tattoo across your forehead. Just don't get too carried away and show us as much as Janet did.

Seriously, congratulations, with your knowledge and professionalism you will represent us well.

Dave

Originally Posted By: jpope

Preliminary inspections are set for Feb. 28th with follow up inspections around the 4th or 5th of March. I’ll keep everyone posted as to the air date.

Thanks for the support ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: gsutterfield

Jeff

Great ![eusa_clap.gif](upload://vwXJP6EroRUgatgS660IOyuD5XK.gif)
I might suggest a tad of makeup on the head Watch out for camera glare

Originally Posted By: awatson

Jeff,

That’s incredibly cool. I’ve seen trading spaces about 10 times and I’ve never seen the inspector. Didn’t know there was one. Is this something new? When will you be on(beginning of show, end of show) and what will be your role?

I don’t believe that I’ll be on the show, just “behind the scenes.” I will get a “special thanks” in the credits at the end of the show. This is where I’ll try and plug NACHI. I submitted my request. If approved, it will read like this;

"JPI Home Inspection Service - proud member of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors."

I'm hoping I can get a few NACHI items to hand out to the crew. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Jeff Pope
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: Scott Patterson

Jeff you will have fun. I have done three shows (six homes or 12 inspections) for Banyan Productions, they are the ones that do the show. The pay is not bad and you do get to see the before and after before anyone else.

Bad thing is that they don't allow you on the property while they are shooting, so you don't get to see anyone. All I can tell you is to take a bunch of pictures. Send me a private email and I will tell you of some things that they are looking for in the inspections.

Well, I haven’t even done the first scheduled inspection yet and I got another call today from Trading Spaces. I booked three more upcoming shows for them in the next two months. icon_cool.gif

Jeff Pope

“At JPI, we’ll help you look better”

(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

Never having had the pleasure of meeting you, from your posts I can not think of a better choice for the show.

From the "pig" side of me--- you luck dog!

Mike P.

Thanks Mike icon_biggrin.gif

Jeff Pope

“At JPI, we’ll help you look better”

(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: rmoore

Congrats Jeff…fun stuff like that would almost make it worth living at that end of I-5. Almost.

Now if we can only get a NACHI inspector on Monster House. They need it. Last show I watched they vented an indoor gas/propane Hibachi-style grill just to the attic. Evidently it smoked up the whole house and once even had the neighbors coming over with buckets of water to put out the "fire". Actually...on second thoughts...after watching some of the semi-dysfunctional crews at work, I'm not sure I would want the job.

--
Richard Moore
Rest Assured Inspection Services
Seattle, WA
www.rainspect.com