trainee

Originally Posted By: Marie Guerrieri
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hi all!

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who would let me go on a few inspections with them? I live in Clearwater, Florida. Or is there any HIs who hire trainees in my area? I am certified through AHIT, plus I used to work with my father on contruction sites for a few years…all volenteer work…of course! Thanks…

Marie

Originally Posted By: gwiggins

Put your coat on and come up north. I would be glad to show you what we do in Indiana. I might like to visit Florida some day when it is cold here.

Gabe Wiggins
A Home Inspector, Inc,
gabejw@aol.com

Originally Posted By: Marie Guerrieri

Gabriel!

Thanks for the invite, but I thinks that’s a bit of a drive for me! And COLD too! But you’re welcome to come down here! I was in Tennessee last winter and I saw a lot of snow! Beautiful! I moved here from TN in 2000. I’d never move back! Unless I am ready to retire! I was born in Rochester, NY so I am used to the cold, but my husband hates it. IF it gets below 70 degrees, he’s freezing! What I wimp…How cold is it where you are?

Marie

Originally Posted By: gwiggins

The temperature in Indiana changes daily. I was doing an inspection last Saturday in my shirt sleeves and it was in the low 60’s but on Monday I needed a coat and gloves as it was in the low 30’s. It didn’t warm up enough to melt the ice off the roof of the home I was inspecting so I didn’t get any higher than the top of the ladder.

Gabe

Originally Posted By: dave hartke

Gabe,

I sure need to do a couple ride-alongs if you're game. Maybe on a day when you are working in the southern part of your area, towards Bloomington.

Check your personal messages. I left a note there about a half hour ago.

Dave Hartke