TREC approves InterNACHI's Free, Online, Inspector Legal and Ethics Course

Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC)Approves InterNACHI’s Inspector Legal & Ethics Course for Home Inspector Continuing Education.

Just finished sop part , will procture next weeks. Thanks for offering the courses.

Houston Radcliff

Where are you proctoring? It appears that I am going to need to find a library…if the internet hasn’t made them obsolete by now.

Library here in town.

Proctoring can be done at a library, by a notary, police officer, fireman, or another inspector. They will just need to fill out the form at www.nachi.org/texas and send it in to us after you complete the exam.

Hi Alan, Do you know if the notary has to be of the types specified in the bullet points in the link (copied below) or can it be any notary such as a teller at my bank? (I have been friends with the bank manager for years & they will let me test there)
Any clarification is appreciated. Thank you!

TREC’s acceptable proctor list:

• a member of provider faculty or staff
  • employees at official testing or learning/tutoring centers
  • librarians at a school, university or public library
  • college or university administrators, faculty or academic advisors
  • clergy who are affiliated with a specific temple, synagogue, mosque or church
  • educational officers of a military installation or correctional facility notary public
  • police officer (only if they are not affiliated or related to the student)

Brandon,

You can use a bank teller as a notary. The acceptable list of proctors is a guideline, but it isn’t absolute.

image001.jpg