"TREC Texas Standards of Practice, Legal and Ethics" course

Research & Writing Assignment:

Based on the deficiencies listed in the case study, the inspector was required to check the deficiency box on the Texas 7-5 Inspection report form.

The best practice to obtain a client’s permission is to directly ask. Once, the client has agreed then the home inspector can forward the referral to the provider (approved according to TREC SOPs). The language above should not be put into a contract because some clients do not completely read the contract and would authorize for their information to be given away to the TPSP. It would most preferred for the home inspector to directly connect the client directly to a TPSP representative with whom there is established rapport.

The report writing software I currently use runs an audit of the inspection report before I can view it to print or save. The program will notify me as to which sections are incomplete and inaccurate. I currently do not allow anyone to proof read my inspection reports.

The home inspector is negligent because a service was performed without being licensed. In addition, the inspector lied about performing the service and accepted payment. Lastly, the inspection was performed without having professional liability insurance.

1. Direct supervision is a hands on mentor-ship for the apprentice inspector. The professional inspector is on site with the apprentice ensuring the inspection process is learned and completed properly by the apprentice. Indirect supervision is a way for the professional inspector to grow the size of his or her business and train potential real estate inspectors to become professional inspectors.
  2. No I would not be willing to supervise an inspector in a different geographic region of the state.

Inspectors should never stop learning. Inspectors should put their client interest above theirs. Inspectors should conduct themselves with the highest level of integrity, the client deserve nothing less.

According to the article pertaining to the standards of practice (during a home inspection), all home inspections should be non-invasive and for a fee. Also, the inspection is a visual observation that requires components to be accessible in order to be inspected. Lastly, the observations are based on deficiencies present at the time of the inspection and can’t be used to determine future deficiencies.

Inspection & Writing Assignment:

According to the SOPs the water heater has a limitation. Whenever a water heater is covered with insulation it limits the scope of observation and in some cases can void the manufacturer warranty. It is recommended that insulation should not be on the unit.

According to the Texas SOP article a home inspection report is a written document that states the defects of a property’s components. Typically, a report is needed whenever a home is going to be purchased in the near future. A report can also include additional comments or recommendations.

In the case where a client is unable or unavailable to sign an inspection pre-inspection agreement, the inspector may ask the real estate agent if they are authorized by the client to sign the agreement on their behalf. This will allow the inspector to be protected by said agreement for that inspection of the home.

Where do I find Case Study 1?

I am in Chapter 2 of the Texas Legal and Ethics course and have to write an essay on Case Study 1. Where can I find case study 1?

starting the texas std of practice and ethics now

About to get this started.

This must be tested at every receptacle using the test switch on the GFCI and using a tester to see if power trips and resets.