Truss Fire Damage

(ccoombs) #1

I will be putting together a fix for this fire damage. The fire started with the blown-in insulation. The homeowner only went into the attic to find the source of water running from the fireplace. The fire burned the PEX water lines.
2.JPG

6.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

2.JPG

8.JPG

(Gerry Beaumont) #2

Thank god for built in fire supression systems :mrgreen:

regards

Gerry

(Michael D. Thomas) #3

What was the ignition source?

(ccoombs) #4

The insulation was up against the flue of the fireplace. The fire was a long term smoldering fire. The only sign of trouble was the water line melting.