Truss uplift?

Mr. Redding/
You carry a laser 24" lever of good quality and a Digital level to take accuracy readings?
Not what I use in laser level but I do carry the craftsmen digital level. Priceless
You will see how they help your horizontal and vertical openings.
Foundations and floor span openings.

IR or TI.
I have no use for IF or TI.
The only good cert is Renset.
What shows me heat signatures.
I have 2 good IR temperature sensors.
CE and I forget the second one.
ALSO
CRAFTSMAN®/MD 24’’ Digital Level
Item #: 090 392 460 10 $ 80 dollars And you have to be misunderstanding of torsion and flex without Grainger Industrial Supply - MRO Products, Equipment and Tools

A couple of good tools and you are on top of your mechanical game.

Good luck brother!!
Someone mentioned a fulcrum point.
It sounds understandable given what I see and have heard.

I don’t carry either. Just a Stabila 6-foot bubble level. I don’t think it is too useful to tell a client that their floor, wall, etc. is a certain degree out of level (or plumb). I think it paints a clearer picture to say, “in 6 feet, your floor is out of level by 1-1/2 inch” (knowing that comment is in no way making an accurate assessment on what may or may not be happening in the floor). The client seems to understand that easier and can get their heads around it.

I had one just today on the second floor of a home. Took my shoes off to feel floor deflections better (works for me :)). I didn’t even measure this one, but said in my report “floor noticeably out of level. Root cause unknown. Recommend further evaluation by a licensed contractor.” Done.

I tell the client and agent zero.
Its notes for reporting.
I tell them nothing but my client will read the report.
As I talk to my client I explain my observations, not my technique, and make recommendations accordingly.
It would be like trying to explain how your IR works right?
They are tools to assess a degree of assumption.

Drywall ceiling was fastened too close to the wall. With trusses, ends of ceiling panels should not be fastened within 18" of partition walls to prevent uplift from cracking panels.

http://www.buildingscience.com/documents/reports/rr-0107-drywall-wood-and-truss-uplift

Thank you for the PDF:-)
New to me:-(