Try this for fun. Let us know your CMI score. Online.

Originally Posted By: fduemig
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

icon_biggrin.gif

Fred Duemig

Originally Posted By: wdecker

Mi Wif went and got me a diktonary, so’s I cud lern to reed and rite good.

It has reeely hellpt.

![eusa_doh.gif](upload://has2a0g32D0AAlDjAwVcrg3HnhX.gif)

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: dverge

Me… 11,586

Originally Posted By: rspriggs

Will, I liked your earlier post, where you said:

“I just washed my hands and can’t do a thing with them”!

--
Exploring Planet NACHI . . . One house at a time.

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.
Coeur d'Alene, ID Home Inspectors
Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors

Originally Posted By: wdecker

Russell;

Then you would positively laugh your posterior off if you saw me after a shower.

![eusa_dance.gif](upload://s9dv24YwSSRLNpgOOSxL1BkwUQ9.gif)

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: cradan

my state licensing continuing ed. requirements in each of the last two years, I’ve only had to travel over 180 miles once to do it (unless I can actually count the ROUND TRIP miles. That seems like double-dipping, though.) I can see I’m going to have to drive to Venzuela to accrue more points for the CMI. If the housing market is strong in Caracas, maybe I’ll stay there and join INTERNACHI.

-Lost points again for not "taking advantage" of full (or for that matter, any) membership in another organization. Spent the $500.00 on marketing the business. PENALTY.

-Not being a Canadian (does it count if one of your Aunts and your fiancee's mother are Canadian?), lost a few more points by not joining CAPHI/OAHI. I'm looking into dual citizenship as we speak.

-Clean vehicle, in good repair? I just did the lower ball joints on the 83,000 mile Blazer, and I wash the exterior five or six times a year whether it needs it or not. As far as the vehicle's interior, well...frankly, I've seen more appealing latrines in college sorority houses. Sorry, been busy.

-43 1/2 years old. It would appear that I've once again lost a few points for being middle-aged as opposed to say, OLD. Still scratching my head to see what I can do about that one. If I add my two partner's ages (50 and 53), I'd have a raw input of 146.5. That would help, I think.

In the meantime, can we look into a JVCMI (Jr. Varsity Certified Master Inspector) or CMIIT (Certified Master Inspector In-Training) designation??

![aiwebs_001.gif](upload://tFHLCsx3ouHBxfh6sqkOSvXgwFm.gif)

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

The quantity of inspections one has performed in their career is a biggie, points wise.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

to the profession.

Toward attempting to determine commitment, one can factor in any expenditure which is solely associated with the inspector's profession. E&O is one of the largest expenditures a home inspector can make... maybe even the largest. Does an E&O policy make you a better inspector??? Nope... no more than a truck decal does. But it does indicate a commitment to the profession.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

jfarsetta wrote:

The quantity of inspections one has performed in their career is a biggie, points wise.

Yah, but it max's out at 3000.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

The reasoning behind maxing it out at 3,000 is that an inspector probably gets dramatically better between inspection 1 and 100, but not between inspection 3001 and 3101.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: tallen

I would like to think that most inspectors get a little better at some aspect of the job with every inspection, no matter if it’s # 2 or # 4000 ie. customer relations, report writing, dealing with Realtors and home owners etc.

Today I learned that it is not always a good thing when there is not a Realtor involved.

Seller and client are good friends, but by the end of my walk through I left them arguing in the driveway about fixing the AC.

Hmmmm, how could I have prevented myself from getting in the middle of this?

I decided that regardless of the situation I will try my best to give my "end of inspection speech" to the client only.

Now my problem is, how do I get my client alone without offending my client and his good friend the seller?

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: dvalley

". If there’s someone on our tail as I commence the walkthrough, I turn and politely tell them, “I would like to speak with my client alone, please”. And they simply meander off somewhere else.

I don't discuss anything to anyone except my client, ALONE.

I think you learned something from this, ayyy?![](upload://7BufEpFXswjP1wHXMUDcTOOICWv.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: mgault

Total Score: 7153

Mayhap, I'm a little slow.... ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

--
-Mike
A to Z Home Inspections, LLC

www.atozhomeinspections.net

Originally Posted By: tallen

dvalley wrote:
Todd,

I think you learned something from this, ayyy?![](upload://7BufEpFXswjP1wHXMUDcTOOICWv.gif)

Everyday

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005