Trying to get the ball rolling!

Originally Posted By: Ross Osborn
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am currently doing my Home Inspection course and will be finishing in the next month, or so. In the mean time, I am coming up with a name for my company, looking into insurance, tax info, business license, writing my advertisement brochure, business cards. I am looking for a pre inspection contract as well as inspection forms…Does anyone know of some sample forms that I can view online to help give me an idea of what I want on these forms as well as what I do not want on them before I present them to my attorney?

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Ross,

If you hang in there for a little while, NACHI is in the process of posting documents such as these to the web site. The forms are free to all our members. If you are interested in getting them for free, you may want to consider joining.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

The NACHI agreement (between you and your client) is a work of art and worth the price of membership alone. Only available to members though. Revised if an inspector ever loses a law suit using it.

For a new guy starting out, I think Dee at www.hreporters.com makes a nice 10 page, 3-part NCR form that has numbering that corresponds to the numbering in a book that comes with it. You give the book to your buyer and it covers you where you may be weak as a new inspector. Tell Dee (Dolores) I sent you. She's been working on this system for over 20 years. I still have one of her first drafts from the early '80s.

Nick