Two-handed shower faucets

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I just read that two handed shower faucets are no longer allowed. This was something new to me. I never gave it a thought that it wouldn’t be allowed anymore.

When was this put into effect?

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: bbadger

It has been many years that those have been a violation here in MA.

We have to use 'anti scald' (pressure compensated) shower controls and I do not think they are readily available in 'two control' type valves.

If they are they are probably more money than the one handle control

--
Bob Badger
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
Moderator at ECN

Originally Posted By: jsieg

The anti-scald faucets are required in bath tubs and showers in new constructions. I think I have seen 1 or 2 brands in the 2 or 3 handle style faucets but yes they are in the $250.00 -$350.00 range.

For what I know they are even required if the whole house has an anti-scaled device installed. They have them here on group homes so clients don't chance being burned at any hot water faucet.

I heard about the requirement about 3 years ago. They are only required on new construction or remolds... (if it's being inspected ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) )

I personally like the 3 handle style in my home better, never did like using the 1 handle with the broken tub spicket pull-up knob that sprays water all over the walls and outside the bath tub.javascript:emoticon('')

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

Up here we use two handles. One on the wooden bucket that fetches the water from the creek and one on the black cast iron pot that is positioned over the open fire to heat the water.

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !