Two proposed changes to this mb and website.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?p=13309&highlight=unmoderated#13309

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: jeubank

Yes, I agree that the majority of the message board should be reserved for NACHI member use. I guess it’s ok for non-members to post in the technical section, although I suspect that at this point there are NACHI members with the various technical knowledge to answer just about anything.

There's really no point in criticizing another inspection association, whether in the What's New section, or on the general message board. Instead of pointing out what the other guys aren't doing, we can point out what we are doing well. NACHI is helpful to the inspector members, and NACHI also provides service to the broader real estate industry. Those are the things to focus on.

It would probably make sense to re-organize the message board, based on the way members are currently using it. Sounds like a huge project, but it will have to be done sooner or later anyway, so might as well bite the bullet and get it done.

When nonmembers make off-topic or obviously disparaging posts, the posts can be removed and their name blocked. Blocking the IP address won't necessarily work, since a person can just move to a different computer. But it is important for the moderators to stay on top of the "spam/trash" that shows up on the board.

--
Inspected once, inspected right throughout southern Colorado

www.eubankinspections.com

Originally Posted By: psabados

Nice post Joe H. Ford dropped the Edsel, 8 tracks are gone, the rotary phone is a thing of the past, electric typewriters replaced by the computer.

The link was from 2 years ago. Times change, policies change, why shouldn't the policies here change? You want stagnation?

BTW that 800 pound termite has changed to an 800 pound gorilla. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Paul

Nachos anyone?

--
NACHI Vice President

NACHI Foundation, President

Convention Coordinator

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

psabados wrote:
Nice post Joe H. Ford dropped the Edsel, 8 tracks are gone, the rotary phone is a thing of the past, electric typewriters replaced by the computer.

The link was from 2 years ago. Times change, policies change, why shouldn't the policies here change? You want stagnation?

BTW that 800 pound termite has changed to an 800 pound gorilla. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Paul

Nachos anyone?

--
Member - MAB

http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Paul:

Not commenting on the Past, Present or Future.

Merely pointing out the Change in Direction.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

jhagarty wrote:

Merely pointing out the Change in Direction.

This is definitely something that Mr. Hagarty knows about. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rspriggs

Nick, I agree with #1.

I disagree with #2.

I love the "What's New" the way it is, and check it daily!

--
Exploring Planet NACHI . . . One house at a time.

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.
Coeur d'Alene, ID Home Inspectors
Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

bwiley wrote:
Members only for everything but the technical forums. Technical forums should stay open for information from people like Bob Badger and Greg Fretwell, etc.

Keep "Whats New" as is. If others can't keep up, so be it.

Works for me!

Then if we can appoint a moderator to check the posts in the "tech." section we can eliminate the crap that goes on, not only from non-members but also members.

Simply take the crap to emails and let us get on with improving NACHI and ALL of our Inspectors.

Realtors and the like can add to the posts possibly through a member who is willing to get a whole lot of emails, which he/she could then post. Or, simply have it as a question and answer forum which is moderated.

--
Bob Brown
President NACHI Du-Ka Chapter ON. Canada
NACHI Cell: 1-484-429-5465

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

Originally Posted By: rcloyd

I sure get tired of seeing all of the off topic, goofy and disparaging posts at the top of the message board so I am in favor of closing all areas of the forum/BB to non-member posts except the technical area (and moderate it constantly). I like the whats new page but it is heavy with old stuff, maybe anything over 3 months old could be dropped.

Russell G. Cloyd

Intra-Spec Home Inspections

& Code Consulting, LLC

859-586-4591

www.intra-spechomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

Further restricting nonmembers to only let them post in tech areas will simply concentrate the “crap” in to tech areas. Remember, the guys we’re after don’t care where they post it. It will not decrease the total quantity of “crap” posted. You will still have to delete the same number of posts anyway.

I am all for moderating to get rid of the "crap". Restricting legitimate non-members who want to post in the non-tech areas is an unfriendly and unNACHI way to go.

Moderate all non-member posts where ever they might be. Simple.

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !