Two Sun Nuclear Radon Detector Model 1028

Good job Todd!
From Nigeria … … …

I should have paid attention to the red flags! But since it was on this forum I went ahead with the purchase. I know, stupid! That was a $1000 dollar mistake I’ll never make again!

Did you wire money?

Let me say, I nearly fell for it back a few months ago. Even talked to the guy on the phone but the grammar and speech patterns weren’t matching the patterns in “his” emails. I felt like I was talking to different individuals. The request to wire money is always a red flag too.

When asked about the calibration it became obvious the guy didn’t fully understand the calibration process or procedure. Knew enough to bluff through about 80% of it though. These asshats read up enough on these units to fake through pretty well. Kind of an esoteric item to be scamming about.

The emails the perp(s) sent me once referenced in the signature line a surveying/GPS company out of Louisiana. I wasn’t supposed to see that and when pressed “Rideshare” fed me a story about being on the board of directors at that company or some such crap. I called the actual company and found out that someone’s been using their company name in some scam for a while.

So, this whole thing was somewhat sophisticated but fell apart when the details were scrutinized. Also, a big of dumb luck was involved. The more you interact with them the greater the chances of them screwing up.

What is interesting is that I’ve encountered at least one other impersonation scam lately…nearly fell for it too…where the perps hijack a company name and even one of its employees. These clowns were selling contact lists of Realtors, and were mimicking an IT-related company out of Arizona. The perp created a fake website with the same company name (minus spaces) and even got themselves an Arizona-based phone number and used the name of one of this company’s employees. Kind of slick but in a stupid way.

It takes a keen eye for detail and also trusting your gut. Any tiny detail out of place…dig deeper or, better yet, run.

Sorry for your loss, Shawn. I did post about this clown months ago but somehow my post got taken down or something.

Todd Thuss
Integra Inspection Services, LLC
Home Inspection Huntsville, AL

By the way, everyone. I actually did successfully purchase a 1028 unit from an inspector posting on another forum…and actually mailed him a check first. I was totally comfortable doing so because:

• The seller was an actively-licensed home inspector
  • The seller had a website that corroborated every detail about the guy, his location, etc.
  • The seller’s contact info matched everything

There were no contradictions. Yes, he could have cashed the check and never sent the device.

WHY IS THIS POST STILL UP??? This just gives them the opportunity to scam more people.

1 Like

Dustin. you can click on the 3 dots below their spam post and the click the flag and choose why you want to get rid of it. :smile:

Thanks Larry, I had looked for a report button but missed that. It really should be taken down if it’s a scam.

Dustin, I reported them all as spam. It helps if others would also report them as spam to do this:

1 Like