Umm, housing codes, regulations, compliance

Per foundation wall cracks and other exterior openings.
3 links for now…
Grand Rapids MI, code compliance, violations
http://grcity.us/community-development/Code-Compliance-Division/Pages/Identifying-Code-Violations.aspx
Housing complaint-Exterior Maintenance
…“Exterior of buildings MUST be weather tight, WITHOUT holes, cracks or deterioration that allow in water or vermin”

Hmmm, 'must be weather tight, without holes, cracks etc that allow water etc in.

Have some news FER ya’s. interior basements systems and sump pumps do NOT seal/repair/waterproof ANY exterior cracks, holes, deteriorated blocks, mortar joints etc hence will NEVER stop water or friggin vermin from entering.

Massachusetts… and the lights all went out in Mass—a–chusetts, oops sorry
http://www.sec.state.ma.us/cis/cissfsn/sfsnidx.htm
–Maintenance of Structural Elements
“The owner is responsible for ensuring that the foundation etc etc do not admit rain or snow and that they are rodent-proof, weather tight… the owner must also keep the structural elements FREE from holes, cracks or other defects…”

And down the stretch they come! Louisville KY (jelly?)

-Foundations/floors
"No deteriorated, cracked or structurally inadequate foundation walls

Why bother to have codes, regulations when just about always, on this-subject, they’re never fkg enforced.

Here you go, NO deteriorated foundation walls huh? FREE from cracks and other openings huh?
No stupid azz interior basement system repairs/waterproofs ANY of these on any home/wall
http://picasaweb.google.com/101049034584960315932/Crawlspace Click any stupid photo to ENLARGE that stupid photo and open yer eyeballs and take a dang peek. B Dry gave these homeowners an estimate and I’m telling ya’s, guarantee ya that B Dry told them… all they needed was an interior basement system, duh B Dwwwy system.
Well wtf good would THAT have done, please exxxxxplain that to my dumb azz!!!

Interior basement system previously installed here, like thousands and thousands elsewhere!
http://picasaweb.google.com/101049034584960315932/BasementWaterproofing41
The interior weasels yet again did not want to or know how to, identify the actual existing defects which were and still are exterior cracks and other openings in the basement wall and above the wall, all are still wide g dang OPEN.
The homeowner is out $15,000!!! That’s $15,000 thousand spent on DOGSHTTT and he still has the same/worsening problems and cracks/defects that have always allowed water in the g damn basement!

Code says what again? Foundation walls etc MUST BE weather tight, without holes, cracks or deterioration that allow water or vermin to enter!

Another interior basement system and sump pump was installed here, short video of what these butt-heads did not honestly and competently IDENTIFY, nor repair, got dat???

“Foundation walls shall be kept free from holes, cracks or other defects”

So did the interior system, did the company who sold the fk me interior system(s) honestly and competently identify and then repair/waterproof ANY of the existing defects in the basement wall???

Another example, an interior system previously installed here, short video

The dumb azz’z and I do mean friggin dumb fk’s, did not want to, or know how to honestly and competently IDENTIFY the actual existing problems (exterior cracks in wall) nor the CAUSE of the cracks… then the wall bowed in AFTER these nitwits installed the shtthead system!!@!@@%!@!@$^(

Another PRIME, fk me, exxxample… interior system company LIED to these homeowners, yep, fkg A

Listen to them in video or read the dumb azz caption, which in part says…“We hired a company to waterproof our finished but leaking basement. They ADVISED us it HAD TO be done from the inside… we’ve since learned it should have and can be done from the outside”

Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo, knock fkg knock, anybody home???

Pink Floyd/Comfortably Numb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJZYG5qwHHI …‘Relax, i’ll need some information first, just the basic facts…’

Breathe deep, the gathering gloom…

Yelp complaints, Everdry waterproofing of Southeast Michigan, got milk?

Some went like this…
‘Horrible salesman. Didn’t listen to anything i had to say and then offered up a $17,000 solution that was clearly overkill… what a colossal, go elsewhere’

‘Do not call. 90 minutes of our time and a quote of $17,800 on a 431 sq ft area… scare tactics were some of the best…’

‘Gave us a 2 hour sales pitch about how we need the whole foundation done… $20,000, waste of time’

Pretty much just like this homeowner in Sterling Heights… short video, Everdorks gave him 2 quotes $15,000 and $27,000 and told him a bunch of shtt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLzdt6wkS24

Duhhh again, your getting lied to people, your getting misinformation, your problems are being misrepresented…frrrraud, yep

Duh Moody Blues, ummm… late—lament http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAmICTFSok …‘and which is an ILLUSION?’

On a average what would it cost to do a 2000 sq home the right way , Just a round about costs.

Wayne,

a new build or existing?

As always, if an existing house, i would only waterproof what was needed.
Don’t get me wrong, we’ll dig from here to China if that’s what someone wants and has the green!

If a homeowner has NO leaks, no problems, and just hit the lotto etc and wanted to remodel their basement then they could waterproof all areas EXCEPT say, where a front or back porch is.

From my azz, the cost depends on the exact linear footage plus, how deep it is to the footing/exterior drain tiles, plus say, if there is a driveway right-against a wall…it would need to be saw-cut (no problem, just saying).

Or if they had an central air unit close to the house (most are eh), it would need to be moved and then put back.

If the linear footage was 150 and was 6’ deep to footing then approx. cost would be about $15,000… hand dug, all clay etc hauled away, walls would be waterproofed not damproofed and backfilled 99% with all gravel.

Prolly take 4 days to get it all done, depending how my azz feels that particular week (i still dig on all jobs, got milk?)

New builds it would be NOWHERE near that.

Other licensed & insured exterior guys may charge a little ++ more, like John McEwen in Canada or Integrity in Ohio or Capizzo here in MI, may (may not) charge a little more.

A few others may charge/quote a a LOT more, just to see what they can get or, that’s just what they want.
Then there are always the interior system bubblehead companies who often SCARE homeowners off/away from exterior waterproofing, lying to them and telling them it costs $30,000++ etc

Fuuny shtt, many inside–terds charge (as in the video) as much or MORE than it WOULD have cost to have exterior waterproofing done.

Thanks that is about what i figured

[quote=“john_bubber, post:2, topic:102292”]

Breathe deep, the gathering gloom…

Yelp complaints, Everdry waterproofing of Southeast Michigan, got milk?

Some went like this…
‘Horrible salesman. Didn’t listen to anything i had to say and then offered up a $17,000 solution that was clearly overkill… what a colossal, go elsewhere’

‘Do not call. 90 minutes of our time and a quote of $17,800 on a 431 sq ft area… scare tactics were some of the best…’

‘Gave us a 2 hour sales pitch about how we need the whole foundation done… $20,000, waste of time’

Pretty much just like this homeowner in Sterling Heights… short video, Everdorks gave him 2 quotes $15,000 and $27,000 and told him a bunch of shtt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLzdt6wkS24

Mr. Wayne,

as you can see, often, not always… many interior basement systems cost as much or more than the appx $15,000 for exterior waterproofing.

exterior waterproofing involves much more labor (cost $) and much more in material–costs YET, you see what quite a few interior terdball companies charge… as much and sometimes MORE.

this doesn’t seem a bit odd, a bit out of whack to people??? lool

LOL i had one last week Moisture issues , in the garage and crawl space , The home was listed 580.000 went into the garage 5 feet under dirt outside wall Mold present . went under fairly dry but past issues noted , same side as the garage moisture issue .Dry rot through the hole space . Recommend a engineer for the floor structure and moisture evaluation and repair on the outside . Flash forward i get a call from the buyer after she was told not to bother calling me .( agent ) said all repairs would be 7500.00 . I asked if a engineered looked at it she said no because they where not needed agent had a builder look at it . I asked if the contractor went under , she said no he went off the pictures in the report lol. Really? I suggested she get a engineer and a second opinion . I get a call that after noon , the first contractor went under and called to say he revised the price to 60.000 lololol you could crumble the 2x10 with your hand . for about 30 percent of the joists width 80 percent of the crawl space .he was afraid of a collapse. also, this price is not for the water issue. Engineer was going in the next day. I haven’t heard back. I am waiting to hear that one,there is more than just a moisture issues in this home ,lack of ventilation and damaged barrier also contributed.I would say a moisture issue previous to the inspection had been long-term.I’ll let you know what they say about the moisture and how much. Enjoy your posts. Keep it up. PS this is going to be a tough one,as an in ground pool beside the home in a retaining wall holding up about 12 feet of dirt to the garage that will have to be hand dug waterproof sidewall.

Wayne, let us know how that turns out.

Drainage–Flat grade looollll
This guy says/shows, :20 the international building code, sloping duh grade…

Ummm sir, the IBC 304.5 foundation walls, ALSO states…
“All foundation walls shall be maintained plumb and free from open cracks and breaks and shall be kept in such condition to prevent the entry of rodents and other pests” Duuuh, and water!!!

The good ole guy in the video 2:25 ‘the rock went into the crawlspace… went it went into duh crawlspace it overflowed and went into duh basement and flooded duh basement… this is the sort of damage that can happen when water flows towards the house, when the grading is negative…’

Huh???

C’mon man.

Eh, ever think that there may be 1++ exterior cracks in the crawl walls OR, NO parging on those crawl walls etc???

Like this crawlspace… click any photo to ENLARGE that photo
http://picasaweb.google.com/101049034584960315932/Crawlspace
Seems MOST incorrectly assume a leaky basement, crawlspace is due to poor grading and other bulshtt.

Eh, keep everything sealed up and (from duh beginning, when building the shttt) and you won’t get water in etc in basements/crawls. Get yer melons OFF the stupid, incompetent grading bulshtt, g dang man looooolllllllllll

Yoooooo, hey… loooll, I get water in through my ROOF, and ummm, my roof has a POSITIVE GRADE errr slope, got dat???
So why… do some get water in through their sloped/pitched roofs???

C’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.