Unbee-lievable!

I did an inspection of a triplex row home in Baltimore on Friday and found my first urban beehive on the next door neighbor’s balcony. Apparently, I’ve been missing out on this trend up till now… How often do you guys see this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_beekeeping

bee

It’s a good thing.

I have not come across it yet in the urban areas but I am seeing more keepers out here in the rural areas. I agree, it is a VERY good thing!

It is an engaging (past) hobby. I have a soft spot for the little buggers.

I was a keeper all my life until about 6 months ago. I gave it up, to much heavy lifting for a guy of my age . The most colonies I ever had was around 150.

It gives new meaning to the statement. “Honey I am Home”:smiley:

Yup. I was way up there on the metal ladder/platform at the rear of the triplex. Not at all happy with the height and the railing’s inadequacy, when I asked myself “where are all these dang bees coming from?”…
Two stories down, on the neighbor’s balcony, I saw the hive boxes. Awesome, but I got to admit, another first for my inspections in the rat and lead paint capital of the US!

I love bees! I love them even more when they love me back and don’t sting me whilst I’m climbing a ladder three stories up!