Under Attack

Well I do know that NACHI offered for free a Both to the CAHPI for the Toronto Conference and they have not responded.
I do Know that NACHI offered CAHPI for their members to attend the Toronto Conference in May and they have not told their members.
I do know CAHPI had their conference in Calgary in November and they did not offer any reduction of fees to the NACHI membership .
I do know that NACHI has offered Bill Mullen a chance to speak at the Toronto Conference in May and he has said he would be there to tell the HIs about the New National Certification that CAHPI is coming out with to take over control of all Canadian Home Inspectors so they say.

Cookie a Happy NACHI member

Dan,

I very seldom disagree with you, but, you have to recognise that there is a huge difference between a business limiting their own competition as ITA do at their own shows, and political actions being taken to punish a vendor by a member run trade association. I believe you are comparing apples with oranges on this one.

Regards

Gerry

Keith

Obviously NAHI does not want people who are smarter than the average member.

Congratulations on your stand. I know an association or two that pretty much operates in the same manner north of the 49th parallel.

Merry Christmas!

Keith,

What will you do, now, that you do not have access to those tens of people who belong to NAHI?

Keith and Lorne,

I guess I won’t be far behind.

Here is a copy of my comment from CMI tread. I don’t know how to copy and pastes quotes so forgive me!

“I get emails from one association member saying they will never buy from us because of our connection to another and vice versa. It is absolute joke, just like Keith and Lorne situation with NAHI.

Right now other associations are not doing anything to secure the future leaders of the industry and their existing leaders are looking to retire in the coming years. NACHI is doing everything to secure these leaders. You can be sure that every vendor will do everything in the power to support those associations that fairly support them. Membership needs to be aware of this.”

Good luck

M

Michael,
I have the truth on my side, and take great comfort in that.
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
As you know I respect, you and have said so publically. I have also praised you privately, which is even more important.

I’d like to thank others for their kind words. Public and private messages have left me feeling like a kid again, opening gifts under the tree. I’m thrilled to be a member of the NACHI family, and thank my blessings every day.

Joy to the world.

It disappoints me to see the needs or wants of an “association” take precedence over the mainstay of the association, and that being the membership. This is just one more in many of the NAHI recent self-destructive directorship decisions that deprives the membership of a benefit opportunity to increase or stabilize their individual business. NAHI has effectively stuck its nose into each and everyone of their members business by dictating who and who can not perform unrestricted free trade with each of them. I smell a huge “lawsuit” given the fact that PV Software paid close to $2,000.00 for the rights to enjoy unrestricted trade opportunities within the realm of the association.

“I get emails from [size=4]one association member saying theywill never buy from us because of our connection to another and vice versa. It is absolute joke, just like Keith and Lorne situation with NAHI.[/size]

Mike Only ONE? :slight_smile: :roll: :roll:

Right now other associations are not doing anything to secure the future leaders of the industry and their existing leaders are looking to retire in the coming years. NACHI is doing everything to secure these leaders. You can be sure that every vendor will do everything in the power to support those associations that fairly support them. Membership needs to be aware of this.”

Good luck

M
[/quote]

Right now other associations are not doing anything to secure the future leaders of the industry???..
This is interesting tell me more:) :slight_smile:

Are you saying that only members and vender’s that promote by supporting]
an org run by an individual that only claim to fame is certifying inspectors that pass his on line quiz and bashing others inspectors and orgs, [by calling them scum bags, loosers and what ever new term that may be the flavor of the day] that do not believe the same way he does is the way our profession is continue in the future:roll: :roll:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

[quote=mrowan]
Keith and Lorne,

I guess I won’t be far behind.

Here is a copy of my comment from CMI tread. I don’t know how to copy and pastes quotes so forgive me!

“I get emails from [size=4]one association member saying they will never buy from us because of our connection to another and vice versa. It is absolute joke, just like Keith and Lorne situation with NAHI.[/size]

Mike only one ? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Right now other associations are not doing anything to secure the future leaders of the industry and their existing leaders are looking to retire in the coming years. NACHI is doing everything to secure these leaders.

This is interesting:roll: :roll:

Are you saying that the future leaders and vender’s of our industry are only the ones that support an org run by one individual that only claim to fame different from other orgs. is, "certifying " inspectors that pass his on line quiz and support his bashing and name calling of other inspectors ? :roll: :roll: :roll:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Rowan is trying to regain some credibility by linking himself with the action taken against Porter Valley, but there are differences…major differences.

Rowan is losing business because individual people have decided against doing business with a company that would deceive others. Individuals have a right to make that choice.

This thread is about an association targetting a particular vendor and choosing, on behalf of its members, to exclude access to that vendor for supporting NACHI.

If ASHI were to do this to him, Rowan would burn his NACHI membership card in a heartbeat.

Sorry to hear about the NAHI friction with you diction Keith. It is truly their loss my friend.

JB

You never give up!!

Keith, I feel your pain, and I too support you in all our endeavors on this side also.

Michael

Michael,

Can you please be a little more specific with the initials JB. :smiley:

As everyone who knows me knows, I’m a bit of a dummy when it comes to computers, message boards, and politics, and I didn’t understand what the initials “JB” meant either, but I relaxed when I saw the name John Bowman. There’s a man I trust.

Sorry John, I guest I will start typing Bushaaaaart in full!!

Michael :slight_smile:

Fantastic…I don’t want to see Joe Burkeson get upset…:smiley:

Yo Word!

:-P:-PLOL

John McKenna:
Your response was appreciated and taken to heart. Consequently, I read what you post very carefully, and have been rethinking and trying to understand this whole CMI thing. I really wish we could convene a forum. Have you any idea how this can be instituted?

Keith,

A CMI Board that pre-dates Rowan’s involvement is in existence and waiting for someone to consult it. I think this would be the first logical step in untangling this mess.