Unidentified metal strap

4 Likes

Albert, take it easy. Martin and Manny are some of the good guys here…they try to help.

Albert,

You may have the “desire” to perform a quality phase inspection but your work product does not display the “ability” to provide a quality phase inspection service. This is not the military with OJT. In the military if you destroy something on the job during OJT, as long as no injury occurs, the Taxpayers pay to replace the destroyed item. You are now a licensed “Professional Inspector” charging consumers for your services. The consumer expects you to know what you are doing. With phase inspections, and even a normal home inspection, if you make significant enough errors it can harm/kill a consumer and at the least cost them more money to correct what you miss. If you would prefer to run the OJT route I suggest you trade your license in for an Apprentice Inspector" license or work for someone who can supervise your work.

2 Likes

That’s not the guy he’s pissed at.

I believe you are correct sir. Whoever had spoken to him in such a manner should be reported using the proper channels. @escanlan would you be able to divulge who said person is?

Good morning fellow inspectors.
In this statement there may be some typos or incorrect punctuation (deal with it).
I have never replied to this site in the past.
I could not see his report, but by reading his statements it would appear he does need more training in the field on frame inspections.
There are several companies in the Houston area that will help train in the field. You will have to pay them for their time.
Verbiage on the report is essential to explain your findings. Your client are relying on your knowledge.
I would agree not knowing an item or it’s purpose makes you look uninformed.
You are the professional according to your client.
Someone can not be upset when another researches your back ground. Your clients should always do their research on the inspector they hire.
Now to the thick skin statement, I would agree, you must have thick skin, be able to deal with the BS that is thrown at you on a job site.
These builders already don’t like us as a whole.
When you go out to a site and do not know you stuff this makes it tough on the rest of us.
Knowledge is power!
Have a productive!

1 Like

After about a dozen construction inspections in one neighborhood, the superintendent called me and thanked me for my inspections. Turns out I’m his punch list guy and recommends me to all of his clients. Poor way to run a job site but my bank account thanks him.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the page from the report.

1 Like

I was a little more concerned with the insests.

All the concern for a piece of blocking so the vent can be secured?

2 Likes

being from tx ya know what they say
don’t let the door hit you where the good lord split you

1 Like