Unifor Report Language

Originally Posted By: mrose
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

that we use in our report writing. This can be organized in sections as follows:

Grounds

Garage and Garage Doors

Roof and Gutters

Exterior

Understructure

General Interior

Kitchen and Appliances

Attic

HVAC

ELECTRICAL

PLUMBING

Bathrooms

GENERAL SAFETY

MISSING CONSTRUCTION FEATURES

AREAS NOT INSPECTED

Class Actions/Litigation/Environmental:

Safety Hazards:

Here is an example how to present a listing.

Grounds

It would be beneficial to have a stop/barrier installed at the top end of the driveway to prevent a vehicle from possibly rolling down the grade into the rear yard.

Nails are protruding from the foundation slab. These should be removed to prevent someone from getting cut.

Garage and Garage Doors

Stored items in the garage limit the visibility and ability to completely inspect this area.

The door between the garage and house is not a fire rated assembly.

Exposed flammable paper insulation backing is in the garage. This paper should be facing the heated area.

A pet door is installed in the door between the garage and house. This is a fire safety issue because the fire rating of the door is compromised. The door should be replaced.

A pet door is installed in the wall between the garage and house. This is a fire safety issue because the fire rating of the wall is compromised. Have this corrected.

The rope attached to the automatic garage door should be removed. This is a child safety concern.

Safety cables are missing from the garage door springs.

The safety reverse is not properly adjusted on the automatic garage door(s).

The manual safety reverse is not properly adjusted on the automatic garage door(s).

The spring in the manual garage door is not properly adjusted and does not hold the door open. It rapidly drops which is a child safety concern.

Do not connect a refrigerator or freezer to the GFCI receptacle in the garage. The receptacle can trip and spoil the contents.

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Quote:
It would be beneficial to have a stop/barrier installed at the top end of the driveway to prevent a vehicle from possibly rolling down the grade into the rear yard.

You know, in all these years I have never seen one of these. And now that I'm in flat FL, I doubt I ever will.

Good idea for the thread.