Unique Price Method

http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-housing-real-estate-services-Inspect-before-YOU-pay-the-price-Especially-Newly-Built-W0QQAdIdZ151584790

Have a look.below. Will he Get business?

Just 4 You Home Inspections
inspect, before [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]you pay the price”[/FONT]

Just 4 You offers clients and agents weekly specials where you can save as much as $ 100 from the regular fee.

[RIGHT]**THIS WEEKS SPECIALS **[/RIGHT]
[RIGHT]Valid until September 07 2009[/RIGHT]

Town Homes $ 300[SIZE=1]+gst [/SIZE]
Serve area : BARRIE AND SURROUNDING AREA
Conditions:
2.0 hours dedicated for inspection and preparing the report.
All payment are cash – written receipt provided for all payments.
Surcharge for all inspections over 2.0 hours including completing report, at a rate of Sixty-five dollars (65) per every half hour thereafter. Please add twenty- five dollars( 25) to the inspection fee for all payments by cheque.

All inspections must be confirmed by email.
Inspection must be booked before the end of the business day on Sept. 07 2009 to reserve this price.

[SIZE=6]Email for your quote [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]  [/SIZE][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]**[SIZE=5]NOTICE ON TARION**[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE][COLOR=#006600][SIZE=4]Canadians for Properly Built Homes’ Position:[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]**Tarion should not deprive homeowners their warranty coverage just because the homeowner is pursuing other issues with the builder through the civil courts. **[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#336699]What can concerned citizens do?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[ul][SIZE=4]
[li]**Write or telephone your Provincial Member of Parliament and express your concerns.[/li] **
[li]**Write or telephone members of Tarion’s Board of Directors. Here is a list of their names and contact information: [COLOR=#0000ff]www.tarion.com/HOME/About+Tarion/Board+Of+Directors/[/li] **
[li]**Write or telephone Minister Jim Watson, Minister of Consumer and Business Services, who is the Minister responsible for Tarion, and express your concerns. You can send Minister Watson your concerns via this link: http://www.cbs.gov.on.ca/mcbs/english/contact_us.htm You may also write him at 250 Yonge St., Toronto, ON, M5B 2N5. His telephone number is 416-326-1234 or toll-free 1-800-267-8097.[/li] **
[li]**Write to Premier Dalton McGuinty and express your concerns. His address is: Dalton McGuinty, Premier, Legislative Building, Queen’s Park, Toronto, ON, M7A 1A1. His e-mail address is dalton.mcguinty@premier.gov.on.ca **[/COLOR][/SIZE][/li][/ul]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4][COLOR=#800080]Back to "Current Projects"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]**[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Order an impartial inspection protecting your interests not the builders’ or Tarion Warranty Corporation. **[/FONT][/SIZE]

Happy House Hunting.

'); **

**[COLOR=#ff0000]Important Safety Warning: **[/COLOR][COLOR=#006600]Avoid fraud by meeting all sellers in-person to pay for items. Kijiji does not offer any transaction or payment services.[/COLOR]
**[COLOR=#000066]Read safety tips | Discussion **[/COLOR]
**Agent call about other offers especially if you pay for the home inspections **Certified Home Inspector, E & O, CGL Insured over 20 + experience in housing, building and inspecting

WOW Doesn.t sound like a business getter.

He should make it sound like you’re getting a “discount” for paying cash, instead of being charged a surcharge for paying by check. He’s got it all backwards.

I woudn’t pay someone by the hour for doing the report. They may be a slow typist.

He also advertises himself as an interNACHI member.

He may prefer that you not post his pricing up for ridicule by fellow members in the public forum, especially where it is picked up by search engines. Seems underhanded.

2 hours to do an inspection and write up a report on a townhome? Must be some pretty nice homes with nothign wrong with them. Either that or someone is doing drive-by inspections. I know it takes me almost 3.5 hours to do a town home here in Philly. Reporting time is insane compared to some of the other guys I talk to around the country. If I charged like that, I think I would be making thousands of dollars per inspection.

Most doing commercial inspections here charge an hourly rate.

At those rates I would get 300 plus 4 x 65 = 560.00 for a new house. I’m charging $450.00 and buyers complain it’s too high but after the inspection and they have their report they say it was the best $450.00 they ever spent and that they learned a lot. One client insisted on paying $200.00 more for a total of $650.00.
Davies is not that far out of line. New houses are a lot more work as they have more problems then the older ones. Maybe the older ones have had the defects fixed or they were built better to start with.