Use of the word "Licensed" for home inspections

What is your definition of “veteran member”?

I’m curious as to the reason why this question is being asked/debated.

If I had to guess I would say someone is advertising that they are licensed to perform home inspections where there is no requirement.

NACHI recently expelled a member for lying about his qualifications to the public.

Someday we will all be licensed, this post & poll speaks volumes, thanks

Any state HI licensing is a basic, bare minimum standard. Kansas saw this, and got the worthless laws out. Those Kansas HI laws actually created worse HI reports, cheap $200 home inspection fees, and hurt the home buyers due to lack of information on the true condition of homes.

Consider the goal of the NAR and all REA’s and their offices, brokers, and companies. They want the basic, bare minimum standards, so reports will be basic, and home buyers will not be alarmed, so homes will sell, so REA’s, title companies, lenders, insurance companies, all get their cuts from home sales.

Personally, I would be embarrassed to say that I am “licensed” to do home inspections.

Don’t forget, you can make multiple picks on this poll. Open for a little while longer.

True, in my area I am licensed through the Dept. of Health (twice, that’s complete BS) but I have a license to be a radon measurement business, and I’m licensed to be a radon measurement consultant.

We have no home inspector license…go figure.