Value of Membership

Originally Posted By: jburkeson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: pdacey

I average about 3 calls a month from findaninspector.us. That alone is a tremendous ROI on the dues.

Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Guest

I’ll abstain from voting. None of the choices are suitable for me.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Good poll…should be in members only though. That way only members can vote.

Just my .02

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: Kenneth Sitzes

Hi,

I will not vote for I have not join yet. But if you ask me there should be a committee that decide on how the money is spend. I think that the Executive Director and how he allocates funds at his discretion should not be aloud to make the decide for him self this is a Assoc. a lot of members who pay dues an for that reason there should be a committee for that . I can not think of any other Assoc. that the Executive Director has that type of power. ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

Originally Posted By: gbell

The benefits I have received from being a part of NACHI ?ARE PRICELESS?

I will say that as with most things in life you get what you put into it. To that end if you feel your membership is not worth it ?go look in the mirror?. Only your involvement can change it.

One of the greatest things I see happening now is the ability of each chapter to do what works best for them with the full support of NACHI. We have many chapter presidents that have their own thoughts and ideas about programs to help their chapter. We can each try our ideas and share the good ones with others to use in their market. As an example the mock inspection program started by John Bowman. I would bet that this program will start to be utilized by chapters across the country. Our chapter just started a study group so that we can work together to become ICC certified.

I have heard others ask about the benefits of a chapter. I have even wondered the same myself. After working on some of the projects our chapter has planned I finally figured it out.

The majority of the people doing inspections are one and two person operations. As an individual we have limited resources and have only the knowledge that we now posses.
With a chapter we are a large family of inspectors. We have the ability to learn from each other, the opportunity to advertise in media that we could not afford otherwise. The ability to have a voice that will be heard all the way back to our state capitols. Being involved in a chapter will increase the probability of you being successful in this industry.

Just my nickels worth!

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: rwashington

Good post Greg!

Richard W Washington

www.rwhomeinspections.com