Veranda/ Lanai Roof

Good Morning,
Can anyone tell me what the proper flashing is for a (Veranda/Lanai) Metal Roof 12x30 to an Asphalt Shingle Roof? I don’t have a picture yet. Just looking it up online. There was no permit pulled and it seems to have 3 total different material types of roofing. Shingle for the main roof (Gable) and 2 attached Metal Roofs (Both Different Metals). I just haven’t seen anything like this specific home before.

1. I’ve never come across a roof without a permit so any suggestions are helpful.

Thank you for your responses or comments.

It will vary depending on many factors. I suspect most will comment “we need a photo”.

1 Like

Absolutely.
As you stated, there are many factors involved, all of which may have different answers to the OP’s question!

A veranda, or verandah, is a roofed, open-air gallery or porch, attached to the outside of a building.
All the typical flashing and possibly gutters are required. If the main roof disposes roof water onto the veranda, or verandah, I would recommend gutters with extensions in many cases.
As for flashing, any abut wall requires flashing considerations. ie: headwall and drip edge.
Just my 2 cents.