Video of IR Cameras Falling 6.5 Feet on Concrete

I think I’ll go try that with my camera today!

Tanks are durable too, I don’t think I’ll drive one though… :slight_smile:

cool video

I want to see them turn the thing on after 17 falls!

All I have to say is… Finally. Fluke’s been needing a video like this for awhile.

Some may argue that this isn’t all that important because they don’t (or haven’t yet) dropped their IR cameras. We sent out 17 - 20 loaner cameras (TiR1s and Ti25s) to customers who were waiting for their Ti32s to be ready. These loaners are coming back to us looking like they spent a month being thrown in and out of the bed of an old pickup truck. So far, they all work perfectly and only require some clean up of the exterior housing. However, if these were FLIR, Testo, Pembroke or any other cameras I’m positive that a handful of them would have come back useless.

This is why electrician’s all over the world trust Fluke… they’ve been making indestructible test and measurement equipment for decades.

Look closely, the FLUKE is turned on and is still running at the end of the video.

No one would treat a FLIR that way.

But then on the other hand why not chuck a FLUKE out the back of a pick up truck:mrgreen: L.O.L.

bEST

rON

:shock: :-):roll:

LOL so Probably if they put the battery in the Flir it would too.

March 12, 2010
© Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) is responsible for public electrical safety in Ontario. For more information visit: www.esasafe.com/ Page 1 of 1
RECALL RCL10-16
Noncontact Electrical Tester Recalled by Fluke Due to Shock or Burn Hazard
Toronto, ON – The Electrical Safety Authority is notifying the public that Fluke has announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately. Name of Product: Fluke VoltAlert® Voltage Detector Units: 608 shipped to Canada. Manufacturer/Importer: Fluke Corporation, of Everett, Wash. Hazard: The testers can fail to give an indication of live voltage, resulting in the operator falsely believing the electrical power is off, posing a risk of serious injury or death from electrical shock or thermal burns. Incidents/Injuries: No injuries have been reported.
Description/Models: The Fluke voltage testers look like a pen with a yellow, white and gray body. The testers measure 90 to 1000 volts alternating current (VAC). “Fluke” and the model number are printed on the front of each unit. The recall involves Fluke model number 1AC-A1-I VoltAlert® tester with product marking 1AC-AI Sold by: Industrial distributors and electrical wholesalers nationwide from September 2009 through February 2010 for about $25. Manufactured in: USA Remedy: Consumers should stop using the recalled product immediately and contact Fluke for a free replacement. Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Fluke toll-free at (888) 983-5853 between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or visit the firm’s Web site at www.fluke.com/1AC-A1recall.
Remarks: The recalled units are certified to Canadian Standards by CSA. For more information about CSA product certification process please visit: www.csa-international.org.

I am very happy with my Fluke Tir camera

I get it…Fluke imagers are very tough.

From someone forced to wait, and for whom a thermal camera was a big investment, watching that video just made me sick. I seriously hope those were non-functional cameras used for the drop test. If not, what a waste…

Andy

cool video

The best part of that video is the fact that the USA can still make quality products. Normally if you take a German or Swedish made product, it is more rugged than what we can produce.

JJ

Fluke spent a crap load of money on all those cameras to make a point. Cool video, though!

Do you know of a good way to clean the yellow housing? Mine is not even a year old, I have not dropped it (though that ruggedness played a part in my choice), but the yellow looks like it has been banged around, it discolors weirdly.

Kevin -

Its either the air blowing off Ray Hubbard OR the smog on I-635 in rush hour that does that to your IR.

Was over in Rowlett 2 weeks ago / Attended services at 1st Baptist on Main with a friend that lives off Weems Way & Miller Rd. After church we grabbed a burger at What-A-Burger on “66” by the Super Walmart.

Is that over by you?? If so the next time I’m down, I’m gonna try & call you and go out ON an official Texas Inspection with youse.

A $25 item. Way to uncover that one. Never mind this part, “…and contact Fluke for a free replacement.” or this part, “…No injuries have been reported.

Any electricians you know that use ONLY a VoltAlert to make sure they’re not working live?

Regular dish sponge, warm water and a bit of soap (apply to sponge and rinse lightly) and don’t be afraid to use the rough side of the sponge. That’s what we’ve been doing so far.

I just had to input here that I have had one of my T400s dropped on concrete once and rock once a couple of years ago and it still works perfectly. Only thing that happened was a little scratch.

http://www.utterprecision.com/download/flirT400/100_3812.JPG

Also had a former infracam SD get chucked across a concrete floor and pounded on a table to show its durability and it didn’t fly apart either. That camera is still in operation with no problems today too.
Kind of makes me wonder if after FLUKE bought the camera to take it apart & see what was inside if they didn’t get it put back together right.

Just saying…
OJ Utter

Mr Utter,

Could you please post a larger picture?