Video: When a Prius owner confronts a pickup driver

http://www.wheels.ca/entertainmentguide/article/800951

Video: When a Prius owner confronts a pickup driver.

Comments on this story

http://www.wheels.ca/TopletsResources/UserRatingComments2/images/icoComment.gif

(48)

Video: When a Prius owner confronts a pickup driver

YouTube.com
What happens when a Prius owner confronts a pickup driver? An argument fit for viral video, that’s what.

WHEELS.CA

It must be tough being a Toyota Prius owner. You try to drive green, save on gas, and reduce your carbon footprint, only to be unfairly labelled smug, self-righteous and pretentious for your efforts.
And then the woman in this video shows up to confirm every Prius stereotype in the book.
In what can only be described as an epic confrontation fit for viral video, a woman unloads on a pickup truck driver and his family with a curse-filled tirade, scolding the driver for idling in his gas guzzler and spreading exhaust fumes.
In the video, the woman calls the driver “mindless and ignorant” for driving a pickup and idling it in the parking lot, while a Prius is seen in the background. “Is it your right to make that much pollution?” the irate woman asks.
Surprisingly, the truck driver manages to keep his cool while filming the exchange.
Via: Jalopnik
Watch the quarrel below (Warning: Strong language):

Reminds me of a typical non-smoker.
Think about it.

Yep just like a non smoker, always dummies somewhere. Thanks for sharing, BTW going to check out a new truck this am . Another Hemi 390 HP. It is promised to get better mileage than my old one lol

What I want to know is this an example of pick up truck driver abuse :wink:

It is not the Non-Smoker
It is the** EX-Smoker.**

Good Point.

Got the new ride today 6 miles a gallon more yippee . 390 HP so i can pass the little electric cars . lol

Just another piece of crap DFC. I feel sorry for the slop that gets stuck with her.

I don’t think she misses too many meals…and with all the starving kids in the world!

Volt catches fire after crash test November 14, 2011, U.S. probe into safety of lithium-ion batteries</STRONG>

A Chevrolet Volt test-crashed by a U.S. regulatory body caught fire back in June, now leading into a probe regarding the safety of lithium-ion batteries.

Regulators in the U.S. are asking General Motors, Nissan and Ford to assess the post-crash fire risk in their electric vehicles after a Volt caught fire three weeks after a side-impact crash test, reports Bloomberg.

Because, y’know, they shouldn’t catch fire after a crash. Unlike gasoline-powered vehicles.

The car was sitting in the parking lot of a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration test facility in Wisconsin when the fire started. It was hot enough to damage several nearby cars.

GM spokesperson Greg Martin said just as there are post-crash protocols to follow for conventional cars, new safety measures for electric cars in a collision should be followed, too.

In this case, they weren’t, he said.

(Bloomberg)

A Chevrolet Volt test-crashed by a U.S. regulatory body caught fire back in June, now leading into a probe regarding the safety of lithium-ion batteries.

Regulators in the U.S. are asking General Motors, Nissan and Ford to assess the post-crash fire risk in their electric vehicles after a Volt caught fire three weeks after a side-impact crash test, reports Bloomberg.

Because, y’know, they shouldn’t catch fire after a crash. Unlike gasoline-powered vehicles.

The car was sitting in the parking lot of a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration test facility in Wisconsin when the fire started. It was hot enough to damage several nearby cars.

GM spokesperson Greg Martin said just as there are post-crash protocols to follow for conventional cars, new safety measures for electric cars in a collision should be followed, too.

In this case, they weren’t, he said.

That should help electric car sales :roll:

Owning a 5300 pound Durango with a HEMI that has been modified, I’d just run her over…and her little car too…:mrgreen:

And as it pertains to the photo…:

THURSDAY
EAST SOUTHEAST WINDS 8 TO 11 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

Great looking out fit glad for you .
I was at a Boat dealer a while back and there was a boat on top of a Van just like it had been set there .
The dealer told me the guy had to stop in a hurry and the Winch post at the front of the trailer let go and the boat stopped on top of the van .
From then On I always tied a line from the trailer to the front of the boat.