Violation of Ethics, Violation of Fair Information Practices

Originally Posted By: Jim Russell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Candidates and members of Associatons and Societies are probably in violation of the Public Trust.

Societies and Associations reqire candidates and members to send in confidential information from fee paid inspections to meet membership requirements.

Distribution of confidential information to a third party without the client's consent is a violation of ethics, breech of contract, violation of Fair Information Practices and could lead to Identity Theft.

Candidates and Members of trade associaions and societies nationwide have admitted that they have submitted confidential information to third parties without their client's consent.

Inspectors applying for ASHI membership have submitted 50 items of confidential information without approval from their clients.
ASHI members nationwide have admitted violating this bond of trust with at least 250 clients.

Where does this data go?
Who stores the data?
Who protects the client's information from being distributed to other parties?

Every client whose information has been distributed to a trade association
or society should get their money back.

Steps are being taken to file a Class Action Suit that may also implicate real estate agents who have recommended the inspectors who are in violation of the public trust and breech of contract.

What is the significance of being a member of a trade association or society that does not supervise a single inspector, does not check information submitted for membership for authenticity or accuracy, and encourages unschooled and untrained individuals to perform 250 fee paid inspections to gain membership? Yet they still require the data be sent in.

How much are you being quoted for E&O Insurance?

Why are insurance companies backing away from insuring home inspectors?

Could it be because Associations and Societies encourage unschooled and untrained inspectors to do 250 fee paid inspections?

It is the responsibility of every business to guard and protect the confidential information of our customers. Frivolous distribution of confidential information to third parties may be a crime.

Citizens for Fair Information Practices recommend that every real estate agent nationwide cease doing business with any unethical inspector. It is also recommended to all real estate agents that they contact their inspectors and insist that they deliver a list of any and all clients whose contracts have been breeched so refunds can be arranged for any fees charged.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Nice try Jim, but we don’t have to send any report to anyone in NACHI to become a member, and we don’t have “candidates”.

And why do you post this here.

Try another association.

Logan

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Jim R.

Where are you going with this. Has something happened to you, or someone you know?

I personally believe you are one seriously misguided individual about a few of those statements that you made.

Maybe you would like to explain what happened and just where this is going!

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: dbowers

(1) Don’t be silly or act stupid - I doubt if you’re either. Anybody that had a problem with submitting 50 or 250 inspections can “WHITE-OUT” the name, etc and its now confidential. By the way for your information, candidates with the groups you refer to, don’t really do that do - they just submit a list of names and addresses and phone numbers that can be verified to show that you actually did the inspection if they choose to AUDIT YOU). If they doubt you or want to do a spot check - they have you send 5 Inspections in to verify - AGAIN "WHITE-OUT the name if in doubt.

(2) There are several licensed states that will make you do the same thing if you want to get a HI license.

Now that we've got that out of the way - why don't you post who you are and what you really want!!

Don't

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Anyone who resides in the Milky Way Galaxy can get this ‘confidential’ information by looking at a FSBO web site.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Dan, Joe, Blaine…

Like laser guided missles... Boom, boom, boom...

Good job guys.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: jremas

deleted

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: ekartal

I love it. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Well, if you really get down to it, I have it written right in my contract the client agrees for us to communicate with third parties about the inspection.

A breech of contract would be stretching it a little. Just so that others here will know, inspectors DO NOT share client information with any parties, without the clients consent, if at all.

As Jeff R. stated, that kind of information just is not needed by any association to prove experience.

Maybe Jim would be kind enough to back up some of those ramblings with some solid "provable" facts.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: dvalley

I just recently sent the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, my qualifying information to become fully licensed. They required that I submit a detailed list of 100 fee-paid Home Inspections that I have performed while on my one year (State-required) Associate status.

I sent the State a very informative list of 100 inspections that I have performed. This detailed list contained my clients first and last name, the street address/city of the Home Inspection and the date performed.

The state of Massachusetts is now in violation of Public Trust.![](upload://jhTa9lXKx1L96hrdXYnnnqxOdoQ.gif)

Right?
Nice try!

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: mrose

Hi Jim,

Are the Jim Russell from the Atlanta area ?

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Originally Posted By: jremas

deleted by NACHI moderators

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I got an email this morning too. He said he was asked to post this by the founder of NACHI. Hmmmmmm. eusa_think.gif

I would like to thank Jeff, David, Blaine and Joe for responding to this very important message. The exchange of good ideas and opinions will always sharpen our resolve.

We are interviewing inspectors nationwide to discuss some of the most important issues in our industry. Unethical inspectors, state regulations, the rising cost of E&O insurance and why.

The Georgia Institute for Home Inspectors offers a terrific "Mold Certification" course for level one mold testing. The course also includes a Pro Lab Mold Certification. Pro Lab is an excellent choice because their E&O will cover the inspectors who use them for test results.

All home inspectors are being advised to make sure they get their client's
approval before sending out inspection information to states or trade organizations.

Jim Russell
Inspector General
Georgia Real Estate Inspectors, Inc.
Atlanta, Ga.
770-578-6464 ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Originally Posted By: rstephens

LOL! icon_twisted.gif Turns out it was spam. Take their terrific mold inspection course so they can make money.

Mr. Stephens seems to have something against education.

Originally Posted By: psabados

Mr. Russel

If you have something to offer the members of this organization I would be very happy to discuss our upcoming national convention to be held in January of 2005. We will be looking for quality vendors to display their wares, meet the attending members and partake of some of the available sponsorship programs.

Since I am the vendor co-ordinator of this event, if you should have any further questions, please do not hesitate in sending me an email or private message so that can answer them for you. Space will be limited and many of the high profile inspection support business's will be on display

Paul

Take our terrific Mold Certification Class so you can make more money!

Originally Posted By: jpeck

So, the secret is …

MOLD IS GOLD!

and the lesser known ...

MAKE MO' MONEY!

All that hype was just a ruse to be able to promote mold testing.

NOW THAT is ethics working at its finest!

Gotta love it.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

More negative energy for Jerry.

Fact is there are many services home inspectors can offer.

Mold Testing has gives us labratory results.

Radon testing also has labratory results.

It's not an inspectors opinion.

Jerry, you'er entitled to your opinion. And the rest of us are entitled to make a very good living.

Good Luck with your negative hump on your shoulder.

Jim