Virus Issues

Originally Posted By: gvanhorn
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I just received this information from our Microsoft rep. This is a brand new security alert from Microsoft unrelated to the alert from a few weeks ago. They suggest everyone should act on this information quickly since it only took 16 days for the last exploit to be developed after the discovery of the vulnerability.

Please go out to www.windowsupdate.com (Redirector) for www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com

There is a critical security patch that was just made available. Please download and install it.

There are also (4) for Office, you can get them here: www.officeupdate.com

Please feel free to encourage your friends and customers to install the updates.

Also, you might look into SUS - "Software Update Server." It's a free Microsoft product to help you manage patches and updates.

It's very cool, it's very free, and it's here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/windowsupdate/sus/default.asp

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Gary,

Thanks for sharing that information with our members and visitors. I hope no one has encountered any problems.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: rpalac

Hey Gary,

Are you very knowledgable oubout MS Outlook.

I've been getting the run around and can't seem a way to control my e-mails when they come in. I have 8 different accounts on a DSL w/ Verizon and I would like to turn on my mail and have it show meeach account and who has mail and how much on one glance. I am told it is possible but no one I know knows how?

Bob
rpalac@verizon.net
or thoro-spec@verison.net