Voltage Drop Question

Originally Posted By: wdecker
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I know this, Greg. That is one of the points of the inspection of the water pressure. One has to be aware of a problem before one can recommend repairs or fixes.

Will Decker

Decker Home Services

Skokie, IL 60076

wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: Greg Fretwell

Good deal

Originally Posted By: cradan

Will, would you be willing to share with us the mfg., model number and source of the compound water pressure gauge you’re using? Did I understand correctly that your gauge will read dynamic psi while also maintaining highest static pressure reached?

Chris

http://www.inspect4me.com

Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: aleleika

cradan wrote:
Will, would you be willing to share with us the mfg., model number and source of the compound water pressure gauge you're using? Did I understand correctly that your gauge will read dynamic psi while also maintaining highest static pressure reached?

Will, also interested in hearing this info on guage.

--
A. Dan Leleika
www.a-teamhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jlybolt

icon_question.gif How do you know the min./max drop percentages. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted By: mboyett

James…see http://www.mytoolstore.com/ideal/ide05-05.html for example.

Mike Boyett

Capital City Inspections

Austin, Tx

www.capcityinspections.com

Originally Posted By: wdecker

I just got this gauge from Home Depot. Screws in on the sillcock and has a red, place holding 2nd indicator that will record the high pressure.

I hook it up before I go inside and take the initial reading. When inside, I open and close each valve, tub, sink and toilet and any other fixture I can find, many times and in rapid succession. When I go out, the meter usually reads at somewhere near 60 psi (the regular Chicago area pressure, since most water is supplies by Chicago to the surrounding burbs) and the red, high reading indicator is usually slightly higher.

In houses with flooded air chambers and banging, I have measured a high of as high as 72 psi. Usually, the statir reading (no waster flowing, syustem at rest) is close to the high reading.

Hope this helps. Gauge cost aboyt $4.00.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com