Voting With Their Feet

Voting With Their Feet

Americans are fleeing high tax, union-dominated states and settling in states with lower taxes, right-to-work laws and lower government spending. Nothing sends a message like voting with your feet.
Read story to see where people are moving to**.:wink:

Migration from high-tax states to states with lower taxes and less government spending will dramatically alter the composition of future Congresses, according to a study by Americans for Tax Reform

Eight states are projected to gain at least one congressional seat under reapportionment following the 2010 Census: Texas (four seats), Florida (two seats), Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, South Carolina, Utah and Washington (one seat each).

Unfortunately what most of these States experience and have for decades is, these people migrate there, settle in and then expect their “new” State to provide them with all the services and perks of their “old” State, never making the connection that all that “stuff” costs money (taxes) and then begin to clamor for more and more services. This is usually accompanied by “Well, we used to get free _____________ back in _____________”. They then also begin to try and elect those people who promise to “give” them what they want and had back in good old ________________. Same thing happens on a national scale. The reason those States have low or no taxes is because they don’t have a million entitlement programs to try and take care of the residents from cradle to grave. They tend to be States that believe you should take some responsibility for your own life and provide for yourself and your family YOURSELF. I know this is a novel concept to many. The usual response to them is, “If it is so damn good back in ___________why did you leave and why don’t you go back there?” Their answer: “On no, the cost of living there is so high, I can live very comfortably here on what I make.”

After Hurricane Katrina the FL panhandle has thousands of migrants move here and most (not all) immediately started signing up for any and all freebies. Many are still here.

If republicanism is so good… why is the top ten poverty states in america colored red…Let me answer that…Big business… No regulation except that which enriches those in power. Their mentality seems to be all-for-me and very little for you. Except if you work for me than just a little for you.

Just my opinion

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10898795/top-10-states-with-extreme-poverty.html

If Democrapism is so good, tell me why the blue states are in the most budget trouble?

I’ll tell you.

Voting in politicians that pass failed policy after failed policy while pretending there is a “free lunch”.

Because all of big business is moving to the poverty RED States.

Like this one, that is close to home and will eliminate a 1,000 Full-Time jobs.

**Olin gets $25 million package to move 1,000 jobs to Oxford, Miss. **

Olin gets $25 million package to move 1,000 jobs to Oxford, Miss. | St. Louis Business Journal

Gee Chris you don’t think it just might be that those blue states are not very business friendly do ya? :roll::roll:

Made my point. :roll:

As did I you lefty. :wink:

So we agree. Repugs are business friendly and Demos are people friendly. :smiley:

People friendly always sounds good until the jobs go away. :roll:

Exactly.

Proverb…

If you would like to stop a certain behavior, then tax it.
The dems are taxing the jobs out of their states, in the name of love… LOL.

Keep up the good work because lots of those folks are coming to Texas

Newsweek: ‘For Sheer Economic Promise, No Place Beats Texas’](http://www.texaswideopenforbusiness.com/news/Newsweek-For-Sheer-Economic-Promise-No-Place-Beats-Texas.html)

New Hampshire has no state income tax, so why didn’t this state gain any seats?

You really have to ask?? If all things were equal, which they aren’t, and you had to chose between sunny Florida or snowy New Hampshire…:shock:

Facts About Iowa

As of 2008, Iowa has an estimated population of 3,002,555, which is an increase of about 19,000 people or 0.6%, from the prior year and an increase of 76,000 or 2.6%, since the year 2000. This is the first time the state has topped the three million mark in population

Another demographic problem for Iowa is the brain drain, in which educated young adults leave the state in search of better prospects in higher education or employment. During the 1990s, Iowa had the second highest exodus rate for single, educated young adults, second only to North Dakota.[66]](Iowa - Wikipedia) **Significant loss of educated young people contributes to economic stagnation **and the loss of services for remaining citizens.

Sad but true.

Answer the question?

till the oil runs out…then what

Iowa has no income tax, but other factors have stopped the population growth needed for more seats in congress. See post #12 to help you see that I already gave you the answer to your question. Read slowly.

Please explain.

So you are saying taxes are not the reason after all.