Wall and floor framing

As I always second guess myself, I know this is wrong, but tell me how it should be. There is a wall in the living room that sits parallel to the floor joists and the floor is sunken where the wall is. You can see the gap between the bottom of the baseboard and the floor covering. Just would like comments please.




Is it a bearing wall, or just an interior partition? It looks like it would be fairly easy to reinforce if just a partition. A properly designed beam would be needed if it’s a bearing wall.

The wall separates the living room and a bedroom. The wall itself is really really tall. Two stories tall.

Sounds like a bearing wall to me. Engineer needed. Somebody goofed.