Wall bulge.

From a condo inspection.
How would you report this. I do not want to add or imply related trade influence.
Full HD photo with 14 mmp… Snip and zoom will show more of the deficiency or defect. I say defect.

I can’t tell a thing from your pic. I use this statement for what I call imperfections, especially in new homes.

“The wall in the LOCATION(rooms-interior) is slightly bowed. Achieving absolute perfection while building a home is impossible and slight imperfections are normally only aesthetic issues that may never be noticed by guests. Sometimes, however, a defect crosses the line into a poor workmanship issue and only you, the buyer, can make that determination. We can elaborate, but you should have the builder or seller comment on the reason for the defect and you may wish to have it repaired.”

**Robert **you need to give more information as to what we are looking at please!

Are you referring to what appears to be an “uplift” towards the rear of the ledge?

Difficult to respond without actually understanding the issue, so go with what Joe stated above.

If you said this in Canada you would be the laughing stock of the industry.:shock:

Are you referring to the bricks all lining up? If that’s what they are?

OK.
The corners are to be as plumb as the can be.
The structure is 60 feet high.
5 tiers of brick facade.
A brick-shelf starts at every balcony floor.
Angle iron ( brick shelf )tied into the concrete structure using Lag shields and 6-8 inch lag screws.
I built and repair walls like this from 30 feet to 160 feet off the ground.
I started as the setup engineer and worked the brick line also.

Repaired probable defective ones like this. ( Opinion only) on this example.
Might be structural building error. ( opinion only) but they could have stepped the brick pattern out.
Not cobbled. Code violation.** I know. I am not going there**.
Look for a plum corner and fields ( Always ) with clay brick facade.
Remember the cobbling rule of 1/3 the wall wydth.
This wall is a veneer of 1 brick wydth. 3.5/8 - 3.7/8
I want to stay at arms length to my trade.
Word my report using observation only.

Recommend a architect and engineer.

By pointing to the brick shelf am I committing to my trade experience.
I want to be a witness of observation.
Not to be involved as a witness of building procedure.
Hope that helps.

In photo 2 follow the light yellow lines on the right and left hand side.
It shows obvious signs of movement or improper building practices.
Ether or it can jeopardize public safety.
One method I am unsure of for building on a incline. Cabling runs through the brick holes. It is then anchored into the wall to insure the brick facade will not fall when it becomes deficient over time.

Sorry for the long post.
Replace photo 2 only. This shows all brick shelf’s.

I recommended ( Engineer architect.) and excuse myself of any building knowledge in my report is my point.
If I can install building knowledge , how much?

Since a brick veneer is not considered structure, I would say you are safe in saying that a failure may occur to the tie back so an evaluation from a engineers view point is required.

Thatis ther advice I gave my client Mr. Funderburk.
Thank you Joe.

I feel comfortable now you have addressed my concern in your obvious eloquent well establish narrative.
I do thank you.

I know I have said this before;
I will humbly apologize to *" any and all" I *have demeaned and or angered upon my arrival to the MB and InterNACHI in general…

I wear these regrets very heavily.
I am now becoming aware of how my words can effect so much and so many.
My InterNACHI members, The report, the client , your business standings. and your personal pride.

I still have and endless amount of education to read and progress to make.
I will do it with reflection now.

Thank you all for your patients.
God bless you all in the new year.
May piece, health, and prosperity be you reward in this up coming New Year…