Want website exposure?

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Is this to improve your website or NACHI’s? Nick Gromicko as a meta tag???

Meta tags are used as keywords or phrases people use to find you. Do you honestly thing people are going to type in Nick Gromicko home inspectors to try to find you? No offense to Nick, but it just doesn’t make any sense.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Just an update. I sent in the money six days ago. I recieved a email form someone stating they would get on it the next morning. I have not heard anything since. I’m not complaining (yet), just giving an update.

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: ssopha

Kevin, some time the famous name such as Nick get lots of inquiries that has nothing to do with business specific. Web searches is not very specific so anyone(names, articles…etc) that has anything to do with or relate to inspection will be put on search result list. You could put Russel Ray on meta tag and may get lots of hits.

Originally Posted By: dnice

cmccann wrote:
Just an update. I sent in the money six days ago. I received a email form someone stating they would get on it the next morning. I have not heard anything since. I'm not complaining (yet), just giving an update.

So it appears that contrary to what has been said, the "free service" offered as a members benefit, takes a backseat to "paying" members. From a practical standpoint I understand how this practice is sometimes necessary, for any number of reasons, even right down to basic cash flow issues.

My fundamental issue has been one of communication. The original sign-up page said 1 week for the SE submissions and it appears that over a month before passed (some people waited for 2 months) the delays were addressed, and only after pubic complaints.

The sign-up page was later changed to say it would be a "few" weeks. Since Roberta said that it was being handled on a first come first serve basis, and I had been waiting for about 5 weeks (as of tomorrow), I have to assume that it's still not yet down to a few weeks. Of course, for new sign-ups, it's possible that the backlog will be caught up enough for them to be done in that time-frame.

I have since decided to do this myself and asked Roberta to remove me from her queue. That should be good news to at least one person who was in line behind me. I can be pretty understanding about delays when kept in the loop, but to wait until the complaints come in, and then bandy around the word "free", like it is some sort of justification for not keeping your word, just doesn't sit right with me.

There is little room for condescending replies to complaints, or to use this message board to try to separate the good little members from the bad, in a classic Machiavellian way. Top it off with the suggestion that I could consider"waiting patiently for a service which they are getting FOR FREE", I think enough is enough.

Our most important asset is our word (not to be cofused with words). How that is managed is what truly separates the wheat from the chaff.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

ssopha wrote:
Kevin, some time the famous name such as Nick get lots of inquiries that has nothing to do with business specific. Web searches is not very specific so anyone(names, articles..etc) that has anything to do with or relate to inspection will be put on search result list. You could put Russel Ray on meta tag and may get lots of hits.

Your response doesn't make any sense.

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: tallen

I think, if you put NACHI in your web pages and put Nick Gromicko in your meta tags it might help.

Hell it’s all about web exposure and Nick does have that.

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: jbushart

I want to put in a plug for Roberta Dulay and her company.

She has done so much to help me in developing, publishing, and now promoting my web site - just to say "thanks" is hardly enough.

She just sent me my SEO report with my Google ranking (went from 0 to 3 in two weeks) and has successfully submitted my web page to over 170 search engines.

You're great, Roberta.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

What exactly has "she " done for you and was this a paid service?

NACHI MAB!

cmccann wrote:
What exactly has "she " done for you and was this a paid service?

Chuck,

A combination of paid services and free. I bought a website and she helped me arrange the content in an acceptable format while taking the time to teach me (I am almost computer illiterate) the value of meta tags and how to select them.

She followed up many of my screw-ups and straightened them out. She submitted my site to over 200 search engines, provided me with written instructions as how to increase by position with Google and talked me through most of the technical steps I needed to take to add pages and pictures.

I really am pleased with her services - free and subscription.

--

www.monachi.org

jbushart wrote:
Roberta Dulay... has successfully submitted my web page to over 170 search engines.

So which is it, over 170 search engines or over 200 search engines? Have you taken the time to verifyall of these "successful" submissions? And about these "paid" services. Are you sure SHE isn't paying YOU?
Just kidding.

50 bucks for Iraq or Afghan veterans. I would be willing to match you at 1 dollar. F’ that 50 bucks. I understand your son’s hard work and I would never charge your son or his brothers 50 bucks. Neither would you. So don’t try and pray upon sympathy, they don’t want it. They are to proud.

Sorry Jim, but I would not advertise this unless your willing to match me or your local competitors. If I was In Missouri I would hammer you on this.

--
NACHI MAB!

cmccann wrote:
50 bucks for Iraq or Afghan veterans. I would be willing to match you at 1 dollar. F' that 50 bucks. I understand your son's hard work and I would never charge your son or his brothers 50 bucks. Neither would you. So don't try and pray upon sympathy, they don't want it. They are to proud.

Sorry Jim, but I would not advertise this unless your willing to match me or your local competitors. If I was In Missouri I would hammer you on this.

Thanks for the input, Chuck.

I was doing this free from last January until Spring. I will do it again for free, during the next slow season.

As a military veteran, I appreciate discounts and not "handouts". But I do appreciate your willingness to afford veterans a break. I think it would be a fine thing to have ALL NACHI home inspectors do the same thing.

If we could agree on that, it would make for good public relations and good national exposure.

--

www.monachi.org

dnice wrote:
jbushart wrote:
Roberta Dulay... has successfully submitted my web page to over 170 search engines.

So which is it, over 170 search engines or over 200 search engines? Have you taken the time to verifyall of these "successful" submissions? And about these "paid" services. Are you sure SHE isn't paying YOU?
Just kidding.

David,

I can say that I have had many unusual "bots" spidering through my site following these submissions. This would be consistent with success in that regard. I get Googled and see MSN about three times a week. Many I don't recognize.

As far as being paid by Roberta, I will say that I am receiving much more benefit from her than what I paid for.

Roberta, if you're reading this, you should charge more. (Except for us military veterans, that is ) Right Chuck?

--

www.monachi.org

James … your such a contrarian. icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: dvalley

An investor who takes an opposite viewpoint from the majority. For example, a contrarian investor might buy when others are selling, or sell when others are buying, or even buy stocks that are not in favor by investors

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

dvalley wrote:
Definition of Contrarian...

An investor who takes an opposite viewpoint from the majority. For example, a contrarian investor might buy when others are selling, or sell when others are buying, or even buy stocks that are not in favor by investors

I like to use the term to describe some people (such as JB) who tend to take opposite viewpoints, in a whole gamut of situations, time and time again. These people I call "cantrarians" usually have little or no control over their potayto, potahto syndrome.

It is usually some unresolved childhood issue that has this affect manifest itself over and over. It is a shame because others never get to know what these people really think or feel, only what they are compelled to demonstrate.

Psychobabble 101

David,

To the contrary, David. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

I often (almost always) take the view opposite of those who come here to whine.

Whiners cannot stand to hear someone speak well of something they are actively recruiting others to whine about with them. I have a tendency (and a desire) to piss them off.

--

www.monachi.org

Is it possible, that some of the “whiners” are trying to be constructive and are trying to further NACHI’s dominance in the Home Inspection market?

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

tallen wrote:
Is it possible, that some of the "whiners" are trying to be constructive and are trying to further NACHI's dominance in the Home Inspection market?

Rarely, but sometimes.

For instance, when NACHI recruits a vendor to provide a free service and some person complains on more than one post how that free service is just not coming fast enough - I don't think that it would qualify as a constructive attempt to dominate the Home Inspection market. IMO it is just plan whining.

It's a free country. Anyone can whine if they want. They have no right, however, to expect to be taken seriously, is all.

--

www.monachi.org

There was a time not so long ago, but ( before your time) that Nick said>> NACHI is not about CE, we are about marketing. There is no refuting this as I was there personally.

Point is, the "whiners" as you call them, have had some impact on changing this way of thinking.

I can name many members, that have voiced there opinion about this, but will not, as they can speak for themselves (At least the ones who are still here).

Sometimes whining is a good thing.

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005