Warning: Feds confiscated my gold. I got it back... for now.

Damn David your one smart GUY! I know which money is mine. I keep those three rolls of quarters hidden…never know when you may need some cash…

Message to IRS… %&#$@*%

Meanwhile… Mr & Mrs “O” are watching out for us citizens while they do Rio…!

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20110319/capt.23683334b85d4caab08d1ce600d2c509-23683334b85d4caab08d1ce600d2c509-0.jpg?x=400&y=266&q=85&sig=cJPppAQBQ4pT8QVwJcCb1A--

Where is that mine located Nick? GPS coordinates would be nice.

Nick - do you own the mineral rights too? Remember, in CO, if someone finds a vein they can follow it (even under your land) till it is played out.

Glad we can still count on you Nick! Hold onto it because price of gold is going up and up!

Not fool’s gold though.

Here in Canada, we may own the land our house is built on but anyone can get a claim for what is underground so we don’t bury jewellery in the garden!

Beauchemin, Marc-Andre
BMAinspection.com
Brossard, Quebec, Canada

Yes, a mining claim is mineral rights with a Federally guaranteed right of access.

This is not the America that I love and am proud of!!! I am glad to read the above responses from like-minded people. If I had any money, I would be stashing it somewhere. Glad you got your mine back!

You can join Canada.
We have money to lend you guy at 22.9 percent monthly.
We also have water and as soon as you guys turn off your coal power plants we will have clean air.

Nick - check the full claim. It does not always carry the mineral rights. My son built a house on a 5 acre claim in Idaho Springs, but there are precedents and he does not have full rights.

Greg, all mining claims are claims on mineral rights. What your son built a house on was a patented claim. A patented claim is a former mining claim that was issued a patent to convert it to real property.

His property is long and narrow, right?

Not to sway off subject Nick but is there a time limit to the clam ?
Do have you assay the mineral structure on the property or perform other advancements to show you are " acting " or going to act as a developer of said clam ?

Nick what I think they do in all cases of mining claims, is that a laps of a number of months ( meaning 24 plus ) go by without development,they challenge your rights in an effort to push the clement to fulfill there duties to develop said claim.
I was reading articles before your post came up about how the province I live in ( Quebec) is the easiest in North America to place mineral rights clams. Such as you just did, or have done.
Jurisdictions are looking at any means to stop the government from proceeding action to developing shale gas in Quebec.
There is shale gas exploration going on ( as in your country witch is pushing forward on development ) and there are jurisdictions in my province (communities ) trying to halt such actions from happening. They see it as a very destructive to the natural process for the water table for the communities.
It is very toxic form of development as is gold mining.
Maybe there are just practicing there legal duty.
America has the largest oil reserves in the world. It in a very solid form and extremely non-environmentally friendly way to extract. Shale gas and shale oil.

The claim is relinquished if I ever fail to pay the annual fee. I don’t have to actually work the mine because I’m not claiming a small miner’s exemption. Small miners (with 10 or less mines don’t pay as much but have to work their mines). I own more than 10 mines and so don’t qualify for the small miner exemption. I pay full fare just like an international mining company does, and so am free to just sit on the minerals without pulling them out until I think it makes financial sense, which I now do. Many claims in the U.S. have been owned by the same family or company, passed down, for over 100 years without anyone working them.

Mineral rights can be bought, sold, used as collateral, and inherited. A claim is the ultimate form of ownership and supersedes surface property ownership.

The real problem here is that the government is broke and so replacing older career employees with $7.00/hour contractors who are clueless.

Without exception, 100% of the time, a clueless contractor is paid what he is worth.:wink:

In your observations on the government underpaying workers for doing there jobs, to me is a just representation of what is happening. It all started with lobbing and unions. Thethird party attempt to justify the paying of higher wagers for lesser work performed. Time management.
As you impose a rule of profit sharing into your business Nick, that should be all the benefit an employee needs to recognize his or her worth.
If a process like that was in-place years ago, with over site and justice, then the American and World for that matter would not be in the fix it is in now.
I wish you all the success with your mining enterprise.
Thanks for the explanation.
Thanks…Robert

They already spend twice as much as they take in. How long can it last? Not long IMHO.

Only until they loose reserve currency status.

Times up.

Yep.