Washington HI Legislation

So it appears that the Senate and the House each have there own HI bill here in Washington.
Senator Spanel is trying again for the 3rd straight year in a row with SB 6606 and a competing bill has been proposed by Rep. Larry Springer in the House HB3132.

“The Senate committee on Labor, Commerce, Research & Development will hold a public hearing to hear testimony from interested parties in senate hearing room #4 of the J.A. Cherberg building on the capitol campus in Olympia at 10:00 am, January 28th. Home inspectors and other interested parties are encouraged to attend the hearing and voice their opinion, pro or con, about the bill.”

More information can be found at this link.

WA state does need some control. Just how much?

Thanks for the heads up. Interesting how polar opposite the Senate and House bills are. I have submitted comment by e-mail as the roads are snow/ice packed from spokane to the west side.

I might add that i thought the Sunrise Review was an extraordinary document. Not that I agree with any or all of it, but i’m just bust’in with pride over the skill level of the Sunrise Review staff. I bet they could sell an Eskimo an Ice Cube.

I thought I would keep trying this until that little red message goes away - the one stating that i am a non-member guest. When NACHI accepts our dues payment doesn’t that make us a member?

Dennis,

There may be problems with your sign in. You are actually a double member, having two different membership numbers. You might check with Chris at: fastreply@nachi.org to try and figure out which membership account your sign in is tied to. Both are still active so there shouldn’t be a problem.

Steve

We had a late snow last night. About 6 inches in 3 hours so I did not make the hearing either but sent an email to all the committee members. Maybe it will be on the web later today.

Thanks Steve, I didn’t realize I had two assigned memberships.
That’s lots of snow for your area isn’t it? Would be cool if the committee meeting were on UTube …

For those who were unable to attend, here is the link to the video of the hearing held this morning at 10:00am. This does not seem to work on Firefox but does on IE. The main part starts at the 6:39 mark in the video and lasts for an hour.

http://www.tvw.org/media/MediaPlayer.cfm?evid=2008011177&TYPE=V&bhcp=1

Good work Steven.