Washington State latest

You are dreaming Lewis. It states clearly “As defined by the SOP”. Which means as defined by the SOP they will put into place. Not some imaginary one you keep hoping will put me out of business.

You are really getting desperate aren’t you?

You sure are taking alot of liberty with what will be happening.

Oh, and by the way. As stated earlier, the earliest this law will go into effect is 2008. Grandfathered in inspectors will have one year from the date it goes into effect to file. So therefore we can count two years at least until the need to show the 250 inspections (which Steven thinks likely will be greatly reduced, as well as the number of years in business).

Do you REALLY hope that much that I won’t have those inspections by then?

Aaaaaaaaand mate.

The only Imaginary SOP right now is the one in this proposal, it is not in effect, NACHI’s is, you cannot perform an Inspection to a Standard that has not yet been set, that’s one of the problems with that part of the proposal its not very well thought out, it should be 250, or however many, Inspections performed to Standards acceptable to major HI Organizations at the time of the Inspections were done.

If you are counting on the SPI requirement being repealed yu may be sadly disappointed, and even if it is you cannot claim to have done even ONE Home Inspection in accordance with NACHI Standards and the NACHI COE, you either have done a partial inspection violating the SOP or you have broken State Law which violates the COE.

If you are the wonderful Inspector you say you are, then how much money is your refusal to obtain the SPI License costing you each month? You’re always on the Message Board telling everyone your latest Sob Story, but your situation appears to be self created or at least worsened by your refusal to obtain the license necessary to make money.

If you don’t like the upcoming State Regulation of Home Inspectors, if one passes, are you going to refuse to follow the new law too?

What a load Lewis. LOL.

You had better stop while you’re ahead. You’re bordering on slander again. You have no idea how I operate my business, all you do is guess, but to place it on this public message board as gospel truth when you have no clue about me or my business, is a really bad business decision.
You might want to develop some prudence here.

Oh, and if you weren’t so clueless you would have picked up on the fact that I am sick and have been in pain for months now. It hasn’t been in my best interest to pursue much of anything right now. Does a doctor become any less of a doctor when they take a leave of absence? No.

So the status quo may be changing sooner than you think and it may behoove you to change your tactics.

Wouldn’t you have to be practicing as a Doctor, or a Home Inspector, before you took a Leave of absence Wendy? and you have been Sick or under some other great state of Sob Stoyness since you stated posting on this board, you’ve worn that ploy for attention out.

Status Quo, what could change Wendy that wouldn’t effect you more than any other Inspector who is presently performing Legal Inspections in Wshington? It seems that even if the SPI Provision is prepealed, that many of the Inspectors in your area will choose to keep their licesnse as a marketing tool or additional service, they’re probably doing that to run you out of business right?

And Slander, show me where I slandered you, the truth is not slander Wendy, you website still says you are scheduling Home Inspections and you still pop up on Find and Inspector, it would appear that you are In Business doing Home Inspections, and no where under your “services” is a WDO Inspection mentioned.

I don’t really care if you or the NACHI Inspectors in Eastern Washington ever get your SPI Licenses, but you shouldn’t be such a hypocrits to cry that because I choose to inform my clients of the WSDA requirement and to tell them to make sure that the Inspector is they hire is Licensed, that I am out to drive you out of Business, you and the other unlicensed Inspectors choose not to have a license, that’s your choice.

Actually I am bothered a little by the number of unlicensed NACHI Inspectors, especially in Eastern Washington, it makes NACHI look bad and therefore damages the credibility of my businesses asscoiation with NACHI. We have enough trouble with ASHI Inspectors telling Realtors that we are not qualified, all they need to do is look up the number of NACHI Inspectors in the area and they have proof, only 4 out of more than 20 have the Required SPI License, You are one of those who choose to make NACHI look bad.

Uh…correct me if I’m wrong Lewis, but weren’t you the one griping before about me advertising on my website that I did WDO’s when I didn’t, when it was on the old website by mistake?

rollseyes

Not that I can recall, I may have though, although I usually say the same thing I just did, how can you say “Schedule an Inspection” or list “Services” without listing the “sevice” required by State Law.

How about the other questions I asked, what are the Laws that would stop a Home Inspector from any other State from operating a business in Washington, you imply that I, and others who live in Idaho or Oregon should be “worried” or “scared” about our future status, What Laws do you base that on? And the One Year Residency Requirement show me that Wendy, you’re blowing a lot of smoke about this subject, show me where it’s coming from.

**Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA)

**Structural Pest Inspector Requirements

Licensing questions can be directed toll free to (877) 301-4555 or

license@agr.wa.gov.

**Do I need to be licensed as a Structural Pest Inspector (SPI)?

(1) Are you conducting inspections for potential or proposed real estate transactions?

(2) Are you inspecting for or reporting on the presence or absence of any of the following?

1. • termites

2. • carpenter or moisture ants

3. • wood infesting beetles

4. • wood rot (fungus)
    (3) Are you inspecting for or reporting on damage by any wood destroying organisms?
    (4) Are you inspecting for or reporting on any of the following conditions?

5. • soil in direct contact with wood

6. • wooden or other conducive debris under or near the structure

7. • water in a structure from poor drainage or a plumbing leak

8. • failed caulk or grout at water splash areas

9. • inadequate clearances such as may be found in a crawl space

10. • restricted or failing gutter systems

11. • inadequate ventilation causing excessive moisture in wood

12. • vegetation in contact with the structure

If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, YOU must be licensed as a SPI.

**How do I become licensed as a SPI? **

1. • **Determine the type of license(s) you need. **If you conduct wood destroying organism (WDO) inspections and never apply pesticides, you only need the SPI license. If you do both inspections and applications, you need the SPI license and the appropriate applicator license. Refer to the Pesticide Licensing Fact Sheet for further information on applicator licensing.

2. Pass the required WSDA exam(s).[LIST=1]

3. ������ SPI license only - you must take the SPI exam. Study material for this exam includes the Pest Management Study Manual for Pest Control Operators (MISC0096), Wood Destroying Organism Key (EB 1814) and the Rules Relating to Wood Destroying Organisms (WAC 16-228-2005 through 2060). The first two are available from the Washington State University Bulletins Office at (800) 723-1763 or http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/CEPublications/c0886/c0886.pdf. The rules are available at http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Pesticides/docs/WdoRules.pdf.

4. ������ SPI + applicator license - you will need to take the Laws & Safety exam and category exams in those areas you will be working. To qualify for the inspector license, you will need the PCO Structural category if conducting specific inspections or the SPI category if conducting complete inspections. Specific WDO inspections are those done for the purpose of identifying or verifying evidence of an infestation of WDOs prior to pest management activities. Complete WDO inspections are done for the purpose of determining evidence of infestation, damage, or conducive conditions as part of the transfer, exchange, or refinancing of any structure. Refer to the study manual order form for further information on study material for the Laws & Safety and PCO Structural exams. See the above bullet for information on the SPI study material.

[/LIST]So let’s review #1 and #4 above and in red are things that home inspectors do…therefore it is nearly impossible to perform a home inspection without being licensed as an SPI legally.

So Wendy, have you ever inspected for, or commented on any of the items posted in red (above)?
Have you ever inspected a home involved in a potential real estate transaction?
If not, then will you say here that you have never done even 1 home inspection?
Why are you advertising as a full service inspector if you are unable to legally perform such an inspection?
Can you post a sample inspection where you used a “licensed structural pest inspector” and how you made that inspector’s report, work with your own report?
I don’t want to get involved in a pissing match here, just providing some basic evidence for anyone who might want to file a formal complaint with ESOP.