Washington State Licensing

Yeah,
except I don’t do any marketing, Nick. I stopped actively marketing about a year after I got into this gig 'cuz I couldn’t stand the condescension of the realtorzoids (Realtors who think they own home inspectors and who try to manipulate them.).

From that point on I simply concentrated on the client and doing the best inspection possible. I eventually sold my first company so I could get out of the franchise and wouldn’t have to listen to them complain about the fact that I wasn’t supporting their 'zoid-friendly marketing system anymore. Now I don’t even regularly hand out business cards - to anyone, clients included.

I get my business word-of-mouth and stay busy enough that I have to turn down about twice as many jobs as I can accept, and those I turn away I send to other inspectors I trust to do a good job for the client. And by the way, I was doing that before the licensing system went active, so anyone’s accusation that I’ve used licensing to my own advantage is unfounded. I’ve been at this gig 17 years, licensing has only been around for four.

That’s all without active marketing and without being a member of any home inspectors’ club. No offense meant, some people need the club; I don’t.

Mike O’Handley
Kenmore, Washington

I hear ya. As of late, most of our new marketing programs have been directed past real estate agents and directly at consumers (our customized homeowner eNewsletter for example). You’re going to see more of this in a huge way in the next 3 weeks. And when I say “huge”… I mean HUGE!

OK, so now you admit that you’ve been lying all these years. Thanks, Piglet; I know that was hard to admit to.

You are wrong about the message board. I remember that there was a time when the entire board was open to anyone; but then certain parts of the board were shuttered to non-members - me being one of those. As I recall, those were the days of knock-down-drag-out throw-downs on this site and members didn’t like myself and other non-members stance on some topics. By creating a members-only area they were able to then talk about certain things without us seeing what those discussions were about and without us sticking our noses in and giving our unsolicited…er…advice. Maybe you don’t see that area because you are an iNachi member. If so, log out and come back to the site as a non-member and you’ll see those seven areas that are non-viewable to non-members at the top of the page.

A couple of years ago, Nick said he was going to give me access - “unmoderated access” is what I think he called it - but I don’t know what that means or entailed. I don’t need additional access; the publicly viewable area is fine.

I don’t recall Nick ever declaring me persona-non-grata; I do remember him calling me a few other choice things (I’ve certainly called him a few, too.) but he’s never told me not to come here. If he had, I wouldn’t be here…ever. There’s your opening, Piglet. Get him to toss me and I’m gone. It’s that easy.

Not sure why you’d say that. Unlike you, I’ve never intentionally lied about anything here…ever. Sure, I might have been over-the-top on some issues or I might have been plain incorrect about something, but lying isn’t in my nature. Folks usually lie when they have some reason to fear the truth and want to conceal stuff. That’s not me. I’m pretty blunt and outspoken and I don’t get embarrassed or feel shamed when I screw up or look a little silly; so why would I ever come on here and intentionally lie?

You keep harping on that like it’s supposed to mean something to me. It doesn’t. It didn’t mean anything to me when I was an ASHI guy and the ASHI guys used to trumpet it and it really doesn’t impress me now. These organizations are social clubs. Some folks are joiners and want all of the stuff that comes with being a “member”; they want to wear their lapel pins and they want to brag about being included in something. Again, that’s not me; if it were you and everyone else would know it.

Oh, Piglet, you wound me so, Sir! - not!

Not sure how you’d hear anything anyway above all of that pig squealing you make.

Well, if you do know so much about all of my “failings”, tell folks here all about them. Just make sure you back up whatever you say with credible sources. We wouldn’t want folks thinking that your lying again. Home inspectors are not supposed to be liars - hasn’t anyone ever explained that to you, Piglet?

As for no longer being welcome here?..well, if that’s true we have a real paradox here, 'cuz I’m pretty sure I’m here and I’m pretty sure that if I weren’t welcome here my password would no longer allow me onto this site; correct?

You have two ways to get rid of me forever Burkha. You can ask Nick to tell me publicly that I’m persona-non-grata here. If Nick declines to do that, I’ll assume that I’m as welcome here as anyone with a mouth as rancid as your’s is, and I’ll continue to return whenever I get the urge; or you can get someone like Chris, or whoever else has his or her finger on the forum button, to deactivate my password and block anyone using one of my many emails from re-registering under a different user name - 'cuz I just love a challenge and I won’t be run off by someone who has his head so far up his a s s that he has to go to the proctologist to get his teeth cleaned. Just in case you can’t figure out who I’m referring to; it’s you - s h i t for brains.

Mike O’Handley
Kenmore, Washington

That’s great.

It’s about time one of these clubs publicly did something to show the real estate folks that they can no longer lead inspectors around by the nose. I used to rail about that on another club’s forum years ago and heard nary a peep out of most members 'cuz they were so afraid of offending their realtorzoid patrons.

I get so pissed whenever I hear from an inspector bemoaning the fact that a real estate office has blackballed him or her; and none of the inspector clubs will do so much as send a letter of concern to the agency involved to let the agency know that they are thirty years behind the times and they need to realize that they no longer have us by the short hairs.

That deserves a,

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Good on ya, Nick!

Mike O’Handley
Kenmore, Washington

Fixed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jeez,

I think I see what’s going on here. The Burkha has a man crush on me! Well, I’ll be.

Hey Piglet, don’t get frustrated. Shoot me your address via email and I’ll email you some photos of my private parts. Then you can sneak off to a closet somewhere and do that jerkoff thing you keep harping on.

Hee, Joe’s in the closet; who’d a thunk it?

Mike O’Handley
Kenmore, Washington

Drunk as a skunk & back for more, call your sponsor asshole.

LOL,

Hee hee, Piglet is like one of Pavlov’s dogs, ring a bell and he starts blathering on cue. I love it.

Never thought I’d be in your dreams, Piglet.

Squeal for Daddy now!

Mike O’Handley
Kenmore, Washington

Saved . :stuck_out_tongue:

Suuuuueeeeee, Suuuuueeeeeeeee

Mike O’Handjob… Forever outside looking in. :lol:

One Jerk, One Jerkoff