Water Heater age

Has anybody ever heard of a Water Heater made by Hoyt? I’m trying to figure out the age of the unit but can’t find anything about the company or the brand. This is the serial # 0000775952. The home is 25 Yrs.old and i couldn’t tell if it is the original unit. Any takers???

Hoyt was acquired by American Water Heaters. Contact them.

Only things I could find in a Google search implied that they went out of business many years ago. So it could very well be original.

It is probably a 2000 model year…

American:

The first two numbers are the year it was manufactured and the second two number are the week within that year that it was manufactured.
For example, if the first 4 digits of the serial number are 9932, then it was manufactured in the 32 week of 1999.

Okay thanks guys. Your a wealth of information… I’ll add Hoyt to my American Water Heater list.

Thanks again…:slight_smile:

If this heater was made prior to American taking them over, the numbering system is probably different than the American system. You might want to call them, tomorrow.

I would call, as Jim stated. Using the American numbering system, this WH doesn’t exist…

year code…00 = 2000
week code…00 = week 0 ???

I just replace my Hoyt…it was installed 5/9/1987…so I got over 26 years of service out of it. Replaced it with a Whirlpool. I don’t expect the Whirlpool to last 26 years. But, no complaints